Low WiFi 6 (AX) Speed

NiteC0re

Members
May 1, 2021
Does anyone connect the Mi11 Ultra with a WiFi 6 (AX) router?

I gain only 8-9MB/s with WiFi 6. If I switch my router to AC-Mode I have a speed of round about 50MB/s.

I have a ASUS RT-AX88U

I gain only 8-9MB/s with WiFi 6. If I switch my router to AC-Mode I have a speed of round about 50MB/s.

I have a ASUS RT-AX88U
They have a very good Marketing.

I have a ASUS RT-AX88U
Thats strange... i own mi 11 pro and ax-58u and i get 558Mb/s and on my laptop i also get 405Mb/s on the same asus 58u

I have a ASUS RT-AX88U
I don't have an Mi 11 ultra nor the Ax88U.
What I have is an Mi 11 and an AX92U also an AVM 6660 Cable, on both set to Wi-fi 6 I get an dl speed of over 128 MB/s.

@osnix and @marcel112

Can you share your setting from your asus router like this?

2021-09-02 11.20.02 192.168.2.1 a093dfb25afd.jpg

Not yet but once I'm home I can.. I already see some problems in yours. Enable 160 MHz to start with. Also since you set 5 GHz only for the SSID 20/.. MHz setting doesn't make much sense.

I tried so much diff. settings. 160Mhz and/or other channels doesn't make a diff.

Even in AX-Only Mode i get max 10MB/s

I tried so much diff. settings. 160Mhz and/or other channels doesn't make a diff.

Even in AX-Only Mode i get max 10MB/s
please dont share your personal problems here… you will not get an answer coz there are so many configurations…

please dont share your personal problems here… you will not get an answer coz there are so many configurations…
This is maybe not a "personal" problem. If we use the same chipset and config on the Asus routers, and the Ultra model can't get the speed over AX, but the normal 11 Pro does, we have not a personal problem here.

@marcel112

Same Problem. Tried the same settings... Max. 9.3MB/s. The phone show also only 430Mbps as connection speed.

Last edited:
FYI

I could fix the Problem. I had to disable "802.11ax/ac Beamforming" and "Universal Beamforming". Now i can reach max. speed of my home internet 500/50.

dont have any problem with Huawei AX3(wifi6) router with mi 11 ultra.
maximum speed