M12 Pro and TWRP by skkk

jstremmler

Members
Jun 12, 2019
First I tried to install [REC]3.6.2_12-Mi12Pro_v3.8.3_A12-zeus-skkk_89dedb57 (102.4MB) by renaming the file to recovery.img and with: "fastboot.exe flash recovery_ab recovery.img"

The result was that the Mi 12 Pro booted into fastboot only. So I reinstalled the latest (36) stable Xiaomi EU version fo the Mi12.

Next I tried the full version twrp-3.6.2_12-v3.8.3_A12-zeus-skkk (196.6MB) by renaming the file to recovery.img and with: fastboot.exe flash recovery_ab recovery.img

The result was that my M12 was booting into recovery mode fastboot.exe boot recovery.img. With TWRP everything looked fine and I could change the language to English and boot the system again. But after the next boot into recovery the TWRP had disappeared and old recovery system showed up again

Next I tried the full version twrp-3.6.2_12-v3.8.3_A12-zeus-skkk (196.6MB) by renaming the file to recovery.img and with: fastboot.exe flash recovery_ab recovery.img

The result was that my M12 was booting into recovery mode fastboot.exe boot recovery.img. With TWRP everything looked fine and I could change the language to English and boot the system again. But after the next boot into recovery the TWRP had disappeared and old recovery system showed up again
From skkk's readme txt:

[BOOT]:
1.Use 'fastboot boot rec.img' to temporarily boot into TWRP !!!
2.VAB device: Advanced - flash into the current TWRP / install recovery ramdisk

Reactions: Octaviastikos
So I tried to boot, not flash, TWRP for my 12 Pro. It just won't work. The phone keeps on rebooting to fastboot and not twrp.

I do not know what's wrong here...
I even tried the "new" script from trading: https://tradingshenzhen.com/en/content/twrp-update-for-mi-11-ultra-mi-11-pro-mi-mix-4

Nothing is working... Does anybody know a fix? I'd like to upgrade to the new version of MIUI.
Have a look at this video (ok it's in russian language, just stop the video, see and do what has to be done)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
My M12 was booting into recovery mode fastboot.exe boot recovery.img. With TWRP everything looked fine and I could change the language to English and boot the system again. But after the next boot into recovery the TWRP had disappeared and old recovery system showed up again. So what you have to do when having booted in the recovery mode is: 1st Press: Advanced and 2nd: Flash Current TWRP. That's all and it is as simple as that!

Last edited:
Hi! I have tried this - flashing does not work - it still boots into fastboot. This is pretty upsetting at the moment.

another problem is, that the device is slow, stutters a lot and drains the battery pretty quick. My wife has the 12 pro too. she has the same version installed (the last fastboot-version) and her's is working quick.

I have no idea whats wrong here...

Try to reinstall the second last EU firmware with fastboot first. So boot into fastboot, connect to the PC and flash the firmware again with a batch file. Next start all over again with the recovery.img

Reactions: generalgotovina
Try to reinstall the second last EU firmware with fastboot first. So boot into fastboot, connect to the PC and flash the firmware again with a batch file. Next start all over again with the recovery.img
had this idea - tried it and the device is still booting into fastboot after I tried to boot into twrp - without flashing it.
I managend to install the EU rom from xiaomi - tried to boot into twrp: still no luck. It boots straight back to fastboot:

When I tried to flash twrp the first time, I got some errors with this: fastboot flash recovery_ab twrp.img
So something happend here that I am not able to reboot into twrp...

Edit:
I tried then to use this command

fastboot flash boot_a twrp.img

and it is not working either. I then had to use the xiaomi flash tool to flash the official rom to it.

Last edited:
had this idea - tried it and the device is still booting into fastboot after I tried to boot into twrp - without flashing it.
I managend to install the EU rom from xiaomi - tried to boot into twrp: still no luck. It boots straight back to fastboot:

When I tried to flash twrp the first time, I got some errors with this: fastboot flash recovery_ab twrp.img
So something happend here that I am not able to reboot into twrp...

Edit:
I tried then to use this command

fastboot flash boot_a twrp.img

and it is not working either. I then had to use the xiaomi flash tool to flash the official rom to it.
look here

BOOT / REC TWRP for some devices
For some devices there are different TWRPs available
1.) BOOT-TWRP -> fastboot boot twrp - boot TWRP only
2.) REC-TWRP -> fastboot flash recovery_ab twrp.img - install TWRP permanent
3.) BOOT-REC-TWRP -> you can use both fastboot commands -> see 1.) & 2.)

look here

BOOT / REC TWRP for some devices
For some devices there are different TWRPs available
1.) BOOT-TWRP -> fastboot boot twrp - boot TWRP only
2.) REC-TWRP -> fastboot flash recovery_ab twrp.img - install TWRP permanent
3.) BOOT-REC-TWRP -> you can use both fastboot commands -> see 1.) & 2.)
thanks!

the "boot twrp" is not working. I have downloaded the boot image, renamed it and tried to boot. this is the outcome:

trying to flash it results in this:
1661851699768.png

It the boots into the OS. no twrp installed.
I then tried to "fastboot boot twrp.img" with the "boot image" and again. nothing happens.
Am I crazy or is there something not working correctly?
This is not my first xiaomi device and not my first try booting twrp or installing it. I had the mix 2s, the mi9, k40 pro,... and this is the first device with simply refuses to work.

thanks!

the "boot twrp" is not working. I have downloaded the boot image, renamed it and tried to boot. this is the outcome:

trying to flash it results in this:
View attachment 43722

It the boots into the OS. no twrp installed.
I then tried to "fastboot boot twrp.img" with the "boot image" and again. nothing happens.
Am I crazy or is there something not working correctly?
This is not my first xiaomi device and not my first try booting twrp or installing it. I had the mix 2s, the mi9, k40 pro,... and this is the first device with simply refuses to work.
after flashing and rebooting it will start system. did you not read my howto carefully :)

How to start TWRP manually
# fastboot reboot-recovery
# fastboot reboot recovery
# adb reboot recovery

# restart device
# hold "power on" and "volume +"

Last edited:
after flashing and rebooting it will start system. did you not read my howto carefully :)

How to start TWRP manually
# fastboot boot-recovery
# fastboot boot recovery
# adb boot recovery

# restart device
# hold "power on" and "volume +"

so. I installed "XM12Pro_V13.0.36.0.SLBCNXM_v13-12-fastboot.zip" via fastboot. worked. booted and I did the minimal setup.
then I rebooted into fastboot
(used the latest version: https://dl.akr-developers.com/?dir=skkk/TWRP/A12/v6.0_A12)
flashed twrp with "fastboot flash recovery_ab twrp_rec.img"
tried to use your commands:
1661860615005.png

none worked
tried then to boot twrp with
"fastboot boot twrp.img" (with the boot image)
did not work
tried to reboot with vol up and lock button
Booted again into fastboot

something is wrong here...

so. I installed "XM12Pro_V13.0.36.0.SLBCNXM_v13-12-fastboot.zip" via fastboot. worked. booted and I did the minimal setup.
then I rebooted into fastboot
(used the latest version: https://dl.akr-developers.com/?dir=skkk/TWRP/A12/v6.0_A12)
flashed twrp with "fastboot flash recovery_ab twrp_rec.img"
tried to use your commands:
View attachment 43723
none worked
tried then to boot twrp with
"fastboot boot twrp.img" (with the boot image)
did not work
tried to reboot with vol up and lock button
Booted again into fastboot

something is wrong here...
ups… reboot instead of boot should work. but why are you in fastboot instead of recovery after volup+poweron

can you try to flash another twrp version or boot another twrp version?

ups… reboot instead of boot should work. but why are you in fastboot instead of recovery after volup+poweron

can you try to flash another twrp version or boot another twrp version?
Hi I tried all versions of the available TWRP versions for the 12 pro. The boot version is not booting into twrp - not a single time. flashing it works - as you see in my posted video. but the boot into recovery is not working.

If I flash the latest china rom via the flashtool, I am not able to boot into the official recovery. There is something wrong.
Another thing I discovered: Any fastboot rom from xiaomi.eu is laggy and slow. I'll talk to trading shenzen... maybe they have support for that.

Hi I tried all versions of the available TWRP versions for the 12 pro. The boot version is not booting into twrp - not a single time. flashing it works - as you see in my posted video. but the boot into recovery is not working.

If I flash the latest china rom via the flashtool, I am not able to boot into the official recovery. There is something wrong.
Another thing I discovered: Any fastboot rom from xiaomi.eu is laggy and slow. I'll talk to trading shenzen... maybe they have support for that.
Hi. Did you found a solution?

Hi! I want your help. I have xiaomi 12 pro CN. I have tried to unlock bootloader but just after finished the process (100%) stuck at bootloop. My phone seems to successfully unlock(?) because in order to use it i 've flased fastboot global. My phone although I've successful install TWRP can't boot in it. I can't even boot to official recovery. Factory reset also ends in bootloop! Very strange at all! I bought my phone from tradingshenzhen .

Use the XiaoMiTool V2 to unlock your bricked phone! Don't forget to login to your MI-account within the tool.

did the developers forget our cell phone? The A13 is out for the EAA region and China, and nothing from our update.

There are new versions of the TWRP for the MI 12 Pro. (Version 3.7.0_12) One is for Android 12 and the other one is for Android 13. Up to now you have to use the one for android 12 because the Xiaomi EU firmware only supports Android 12 up to now.

I made a terrible mistake and flashed the *.zip file with the former TWRP version into recovery. Don't do that!! Your phone will be bricked. Neither system firmware nor recovery TWRP will work. The phone only shows: Fastboot.

My solution to the problem was complicated, but worked:

1. Flash original firmware with XiaoMiFlash Tool
2. Flash Xiaomi EU fimware version xiaomi.eu_multi_XM12Pro_V13.0.36.0.SLBCNXM_v13-12-fastboot (because in this moment I had not installed TWRP)
3. Install the Version 3.7.0_12 of TWRP for the Xiaomi 12 Pro with: fastboot flash recovery_ab recovery.img
4. At this point booting to recovery did not work so I rebooted manually to TWRP and made it permanent by in "Advanced, Flash Current TWRP" Takes long time, wait!!!
5. Next I flashed with TWRP the latest version of the Xiaomi EU firmware (version 13.0.41)
6. Last step was to restore all settings and apps of my phone with a a recovery I had save on a SD-card.

Hope this journey helps somebody....