M4a File Format Does Not Play On Music Player

Dec 3, 2016
Hi everyone,

I flashed lastest EU ROM on my mi5s but music player does not recognize my m4a files. I dont wanna use another player can I fix this problem or if it is not possible please add this music file format on new roms.

Thank you!

Uhm, I read somewhere that there are copyright issues with m4a...
I'll try to find the link...
Did you flash a weekly?

Just change *.m4a names to e.g. *.m4a.mp3 (yeah, it works, I hacked the planet! ;)) or better convert all m4a songs to mp3 format :)

Last edited:
Even better solution would be to change ".m4a" to ".aac", because m4a is a container that typically contains some other file format, and it's usually .aac (although it doesn't necessarily have to be), which is a raw audio format.

(There is a good link on stackoverflow which explains this and I wanted to link it, but apparently I have to post 5 things before I can link things -_-)

Yeah it used to be my favorite player, I used it on my previous phone few years back, but I got annoyed because I had to patch it every now and then because it would figure out I'm not using paid version (oops), so now I'm in the search for some good free music player, since I'm not really liking the default MIUI one.