Make it english friendly

Jan 27, 2014
Hi,

I'm new to Android. With that stated, my issue is that I went to China last week and bought a MI 3 TD, set it up to english and it's beautiful, but most of the apps are in chinese and a lot of phone is in chinese as well. I want to know if there is a way to make it completely english friendly.

Thank you.

Ofcourse its chinese you have bought the chines version of the phone TC-SCDMA is an chines phone.
If you want a good english friendly version download the multi-rom en hopefully you will have an better english phone. You know you cant use TD-SCDMA in other country's right...

What people all the time think. You coming in to another country and expecting that the phone is english friendly. Don't think that chinese people coming to your country and saying make the phones more chinese friendly. They don't have to and if they do it is an extra. There are so many phones in China which have only chinese and no other language.

But english is an common language. And will more sell over the world than if it is only Chines....

If you want your brand of cellphone to be well accepted in global market you should expect to have it compatible to multiple languages, Nokia has it, Motorola has it, HTC has it, Google, Microsoft and the list goes on. China is also known for making just about everything for other countries, it's the main production sight of the modern world. Another thing is that I don't expect people to make English friendly versions of everything by factory design, but I do have the least expectation that such a high-end phone with lots of nice attributes would have users interested in the English version and therefore would probably have something like that.
By the way, I've been meddling in the forum and now I wounder if there is a particular custom ROM made for this model( in english), any one knows that?

Thank you once again.

there are multi-lang-roms here you can download.
But you can go to the translators and try them to help with translating the new software version.
Everyweek mostly is there an new rom-update...

Why you thing Xiaomi want to have its phone globally sold. The not having any international sales man or anything in this direction. They only selling in CHINA, they making their devices for the chinese market. Not everybody want to go global from the beginning. Maybe in a couple of years they will go global, so they have still time. AND the chinese markt es so big, they would need 10 more years to fulfill the demand in China for their devices.

So the only possibilty to buy a Xiaomi outside of China is through a dealer, so why should they support external dealers which making a lot of money with it.

You have the communties and they translate it, this should be enough as long as Xiaomi not going international.

Why you thing Xiaomi want to have its phone globally sold. The not having any international sales man or anything in this direction. They only selling in CHINA, they making their devices for the chinese market. Not everybody want to go global from the beginning. Maybe in a couple of years they will go global, so they have still time. AND the chinese markt es so big, they would need 10 more years to fulfill the demand in China for their devices.

So the only possibilty to buy a Xiaomi outside of China is through a dealer, so why should they support external dealers which making a lot of money with it.

You have the communties and they translate it, this should be enough as long as Xiaomi not going international.

Thats not true, because why they release an SD800 VERSION? PURE FOR THE GLOBAL MARKET. WITHOUT THE GLOBAL MARKET YOUR PRODUCT SUCKS ASS hell :) They can stop the WCDMA but nobody will buy there product.

I bought all Xiaomi products begin from Mi2 to my Mi3 and AL in my family and friends got also a Xiaomi from me and everybody Love it.

Gesendet von meinem MI 3W mit Tapatalk