Invalid Max 3 messages keeps stopping crash since miui 11

choystudio

Members
Jul 10, 2019
after upgrade to miui 11 stable
the sms messages keeps stopping , crash
tried several different apps, as long as it's none sms messages related, the app works fine
once i try to use the sms message function. it will crash.
can't use txt message at all
tried clear cache or restart. not working.

help!!!

Attachments

rvk220

Members
Sep 14, 2019
Seems like you have performed a dirty flash (without data wipe), and your previous ROM presumably was not stable, but a beta MIUI version – this is when the error of database downgrade usually occurs.

You should make a clean flash (with wipes of data, system, cache and dalvik), and everything will be all right. Don't forget to make backups and save important data before doing it.

P.S. I had exactly the same situation when I flashed 11.0.3.0 stable on my Redmi 5 Plus after 9.9.26 beta without data wipe, and after a clean install the message app crash disappeared.

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: choystudio

choystudio

Members
Jul 10, 2019
Seems like you have performed a dirty flash (without data wipe), and your previous ROM presumably was not stable, but a beta MIUI version – this is when the error of database downgrade usually occurs.

You should make a clean flash (with wipes of data, system, cache and dalvik), and everything will be all right. Don't forget to make backups and save important data before doing it.

P.S. I had exactly the same situation when I flashed 11.0.3.0 stable on my Redmi 5 Plus after 9.9.26 beta without data wipe, and after a clean install the message app crash disappeared.

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk
Thank you so much :)
you're right, did a clean install and everything's ok now.

Reactions: rvk220