Mi 10 and widevine L1

Richardon

Members
Apr 16, 2020
Hi does anyone know if widevine L1 still works with xiaomi.eu firmware on the xiaomi mi 10 after flashing either routed or not?

I've got the mi 10 (non pro global version) on its way to me now and this firmware looks great but it would be a shame to loose HD netflix on a device with such a high end screen so I'm cautious about flashing the rom.

Thanks

DRM info tells me otherwise unfortunately.

Says L3 on my Mi10 chinese version, latest stable miui11 xiaomi.eu rom.

DRM info tells me otherwise unfortunately.

Says L3 on my Mi10 chinese version, latest stable miui11 xiaomi.eu rom.
are u rooted
im on miui 12 from xiaomi eu an mine say L1

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-05-26-14-01-37-857_com.androidfung.drminfo.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-05-26-14-01-37-857_com.androidfung.drminfo.jpg
    350.6 KB · Views: 604
Surely... ;)

Turns out to be wrong, I had my colleague that has the same model as i have, bought in Shenzen to install drm info and check.

He uses the stock chinese rom and has L1

Latest xiaomi.eu rom still is L3 here

Turns out to be wrong, I had my colleague that has the same model as i have, bought in Shenzen to install drm info and check.

I used to have a Chinese mi 9 with stock L3 and I have never got L1 with whatsoever rom.

If your phone are not L1 from the beginning, you can't have it.

My current mi 10 pro have L1 with stock China stable, now I still got L1 with EU rom after bootloader unlocked.

That's weird..., I read somewhere on Internet Mi 10 devices from China have Widevine L1 (it's rare from Xiaomi... ^^).

Should work on xiaomi.eu ROM... but looks not???

EDIT: If you flashed your "persist" partition, you permanently broke the Widevine certification (bye-bye L1, hello L3). :(

That's weird..., I read somewhere on Internet Mi 10 devices from China have Widevine L1 (it's rare from Xiaomi... ^^).

EDIT: If you flashed your "persist" partition, you permanently broke the Widevine certification (bye-bye L1, hello L3). :(
I think I must of wiped persist as had issues flashing and I thought I had bricked

• Wow
Reactions: Ted presley

He's just unlucky, his phone is not L1 from the beginning, out of the box.

Same my bad facepalm
I have read somewhere, if you use miflash to flash stock Chinese rom (fast boot rom), you can get L1 back (just remember untick the lock bootloader option to avoid locking your bootloader)

But if only you did have L1 out of the box before.

Reactions: neron
I have read somewhere, if you use miflash to flash stock Chinese rom (fast boot rom), you can get L1 back (just remember untick the lock bootloader option to avoid locking your bootloader)

But if only you did have L1 out of the box before.
Yes I did before when I am ready to wipe again will try that maybe before I go to MIUI 12 from stable. I don't use Netflix much on my phone but when I have time I would like to get it back encase I sell the phone.