Mi 10 Android 11 TWRP can't decrypt data

Peterrrrrrrr

Members
Aug 8, 2014
Hello,

i have a new Mi 10 with TWRP-3.4.2B-0623 installed. It worked well with weekly 20.8.20. However TWRP can't decrypt data.
So i had to format data to update to weekly 20.8.25. With 20.8.25 same problem.

MIUI 12.0.8.0 stable (Android 10) works fine, TWRP can decrypt data. Seems to me to be a problem with android 11.

Can someone help? I would like to use the weekly rom, but i don't want to format data for every update.

Thanks! Greetings
Peter

When I tried to install Android 11 I had the same problem, in the end I went back to the stable version with Android 10 due to the incompatibility of the Magisk and from that moment the recovery decrypt started working again. It is definitely not compatible with 11 yet.

Reactions: sahafdeen and E.U.A
Hello,

i have a new Mi 10 with TWRP-3.4.2B-0623 installed. It worked well with weekly 20.8.20. However TWRP can't decrypt data.
So i had to format data to update to weekly 20.8.25. With 20.8.25 same problem.

MIUI 12.0.8.0 stable (Android 10) works fine, TWRP can decrypt data. Seems to me to be a problem with android 11.

Can someone help? I would like to use the weekly rom, but i don't want to format data for every update.

Thanks! Greetings
Peter
Hi, I read this reply from yesterday on the xda-developers forum:

"just remember, on android 11, you cant use normal magisk 20.4.
You need to use canary builds.
Also Android 11, twrp cant decrypt using pincode... you need to set up , gesture"

I hope it helps fixing your decryption problem :)

Also Android 11, twrp cant decrypt using pincode... you need to set up , gesture"

how about set gesture + fingerprint? does it work to decrypt data on TWRP on android 11?

how about set gesture + fingerprint? does it work to decrypt data on TWRP on android 11?
I suppose adding fingerprint shouldn't change a thing since you will still be using gesture unlock. I didn't try it myself, so you can try and see if it works. Just have some sort of backup ready and be prepared to setting up your phone again. That's just the risk you're taking when flashing software yourself.

I suppose adding fingerprint shouldn't change a thing since you will still be using gesture unlock. I didn't try it myself, so you can try and see if it works. Just have some sort of backup ready and be prepared to setting up your phone again. That's just the risk you're taking when flashing software yourself.
It works. No probs found

Reactions: MarcoPoncho
My device (Mi10Lite5G - Monet) get Android 11 eurom update. But it doesn't work. So try to return previous stable and... It can't due ARB.
I try to flashed original rom but now, my SDcard is garbled. TWRP don't ask decryption. My pics and data can't read.
What can I do for recover my sdcard back?
Willing to pay for help
telegram @E_U_A
Thanks.

Mi10Lite5G (monet), with Android 11.
After flashing original global, TWRP 3.4.0 can't decrytp gesture. So I flash TWRP 3.4.2B but now TWRP NOT ask gesture code but asks pincode.
Do you know any info about it? Does it due still Beta and could have some bugs like that? Or how can I pass it and save my files?
Thanks.

Mi10Lite5G (monet), with Android 11.
After flashing original global, TWRP 3.4.0 can't decrytp gesture. So I flash TWRP 3.4.2B but now TWRP NOT ask gesture code but asks pincode.
Do you know any info about it? Does it due still Beta and could have some bugs like that? Or how can I pass it and save my files?
Thanks.
Damn never heard of this problem before. Android 10 and 11 are so hard on the custom ROM and customization scene because of the issues with TWRP.
I have a Mi 10 (umi) and even if I hate not updating my phone to the latest software, I'm still on the xiaomi.eu android 10 12.0.8 stable version because it works and has not many bugs. I tried later stable builds with android 11 and I can't live without Magisk, had twice the issue where the phone wouldn't boot anymore and immediately went to bootloader. TWRP gave the message that no OS was installed.
Sorry I can't really help you but to say you probably have to format your phone and flash a new ROM...

So, as of today, we don't have a version that supports decryption for Mi10 ?
I see that the last version of EU has fixed the issue for Mi10 Pro.

EDIT : OK Solved with last version of TWRP that can ONLY boot with "fastboot boot x.img"

Last edited:
Hello, after flashing the lastest MIUI 12.5 Stable ROM, while rebooting to recovery/TWRP, I found that instead of the usual "Enter Pass/Gesture to Decrypt" page, the TWRP immediately shows, after searching for a bit, I found the decrypt feature in the Mount Option and here's where the problem lies.

1. I tried decrypting with pass (Previous Version can successfully decrypt even with pass) and FAILED.

2. Reboot to system, changed screen lock to Gesture, back to recovery and decrypting FAILED Again (No enter Gesture Screen but still asking for pass in the Mount option).

What must I do to be able to decrypt storage? My last best working TWRP was 3.5.0 and If I remembered correctly, the version in 12.5 Rom was 3.5.1 something.

Please assist, Thanks

Hello, after flashing the lastest MIUI 12.5 Stable ROM, while rebooting to recovery/TWRP, I found that instead of the usual "Enter Pass/Gesture to Decrypt" page, the TWRP immediately shows, after searching for a bit, I found the decrypt feature in the Mount Option and here's where the problem lies.

1. I tried decrypting with pass (Previous Version can successfully decrypt even with pass) and FAILED.

2. Reboot to system, changed screen lock to Gesture, back to recovery and decrypting FAILED Again (No enter Gesture Screen but still asking for pass in the Mount option).

What must I do to be able to decrypt storage? My last best working TWRP was 3.5.0 and If I remembered correctly, the version in 12.5 Rom was 3.5.1 something.

Please assist, Thanks
Have you tried accessing TWRP via fastboot with the command: fastboot boot TWRP.img?
The last comment on this thread mentions that this might work.

Reactions: Poney70
Have you tried accessing TWRP via fastboot with the command: fastboot boot TWRP.img?
The last comment on this thread mentions that this might work.

Hello and thanks for the reply, I am aware with the fastboot boot procedure, It's just that before flashing the 12.5 Version my TWRP doesn't get overwritten and booted properly to decrypt. It seems I must downgrade the TWRP then. Thanks once again

Hello and thanks for the reply, I am aware with the fastboot boot procedure, It's just that before flashing the 12.5 Version my TWRP doesn't get overwritten and booted properly to decrypt. It seems I must downgrade the TWRP then. Thanks once again
I'm on 12.6 with TWRP 3.5.1_10-|MB|-v1.2 and it decrypts fine when just rebooting to it from the system (not fastboot). Note that it is a clean install of the ROM. Maybe try the latest TWRP from XDA to see if decryption works for you.

I'm on 12.6 with TWRP 3.5.1_10-|MB|-v1.2 and it decrypts fine when just rebooting to it from the system (not fastboot). Note that it is a clean install of the ROM. Maybe try the latest TWRP from XDA to see if decryption works for you.

Hi, I flashed the latest TWRP from the link you gave me and now everything's working fine. Thank You!

Reactions: MarcoPoncho