Mi 10 Pro 5G - how to enable 5G Standalone mode

slawkoc

Members
Sep 10, 2020
Does someone know how to enable 5G standalone mode on Mi 10 Pro 5G?? It seems like with 20..9.3 (and even earlier) it received QC code MPSS.HI.2.0.5.c3 which should support both Dynamic Spectrum Sharing and 5G SA

Reactions: tomibolo
I have same question for mi 10 lite 5G.
The specification support 5G SA, but is there any restriction on country/operator ?
My phone doesn't detect my 5G SA network, but it is a lab network, so it can also be wrong

Hi LaurentT, slawkoc
Did you solve your problem? We have the same with no attachment to our 5G SA lab network.

Here?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-02-20-21-41-13-631_com.android.phone.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-20-21-41-13-631_com.android.phone.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 3,219
Thank you again. I'll set fiveg_user_sa_enabled and see what happens (it doesn't make the extra settings appear in your post #4 but that may be something else).
All the best, A

Reactions: tvcristi
Few words from me regarding 5G SA enabling on MI10Pro....

I have MI10Pro CN version. I was able to successfully attach the UE to the 5G SA, using QPST/PDC tool. In QXDM5 this is equivalent to PCAT tool. I was running stable 12.1.3.0. Similar can be achieved up to weekly 20.9.24.
Simplified steps:
1. Load ROW MBN file
2. on ADB shell (as root): setprop persist.vendor.radio.5g_mode_pref_0 2
3. NV items (using QXDM/PCAT):
• 00850 (Service Domain Preference) - 0x2 --> CS PS
• 65777 (UE usage setting) - 1 --> UE_USAGE_SETTING_DATA_CENTRIC
• 74308 (nr5g_disable_mode) - 0 --> CM_NR5G_DISABLE_MODE_NONE
4. carrier_policy.xml - enable all HW 5G SA bands for your region/PLMN. Some people just delete all file in "policman" folder.

Unfortunately above does not work on newer weekly then 20.9.24. nr5g_disable_mode NVItem apparently is overwritten on every reboot, so 5G SA will not work.

Thank you. That's determination!
We'll try the same here with Mi 10T Lite and Mi 10 Lite 5G, both EEA, and report back.

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had any luck with this, I am trying also to get the M10T PRO to work in 5g SA mode for a test network.

Using the setedit app, I can see the setting to enable/disable 5G SA, but dont have android permission to edit it.
The image posted in post number 4, i have that menu, but 5G options are not displayed. Would appreciate some advice on this if anyone has had any luck/progress ?

MIUI version is 12.0.10.0(QJDEUXM)
Android version 10 QKQ1.200419.002

When going to change the setting in setedit, I get the message
"setedit does not currently support editing this table. pm grant by4a.setedit22 android.permission..WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS

Consult the Android documentation for more information"

Edit:- Ive managed to get write access to the setedit app, and changed the setting "fiveg_sa_user_enabled" to 1, but not seeing any additional menu options to set to 5g SA as a result ?

Last edited:
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had any luck with this, I am trying also to get the M10T PRO to work in 5g SA mode for a test network.

Using the setedit app, I can see the setting to enable/disable 5G SA, but dont have android permission to edit it.
The image posted in post number 4, i have that menu, but 5G options are not displayed. Would appreciate some advice on this if anyone has had any luck/progress ?

MIUI version is 12.0.10.0(QJDEUXM)
Android version 10 QKQ1.200419.002

When going to change the setting in setedit, I get the message
"setedit does not currently support editing this table. pm grant by4a.setedit22 android.permission..WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS

Consult the Android documentation for more information"

Edit:- Ive managed to get write access to the setedit app, and changed the setting "fiveg_sa_user_enabled" to 1, but not seeing any additional menu options to set to 5g SA as a result ?
How were you able to give write access to it?

How were you able to give write access to it?

I followed this

"By default, for your protection, Android prevents you from modifying the SECURE and GLOBAL tables. If you have Android Jellybean or later, you can remove this protection from an ADB shell using the command "pm grant by4a.setedit22 android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS".

As I said, it gave me write access to.change the setting but still not able to set the device to 5g sa mode.

Anyone with any advice would be really appreciated

Look here
Hello,

I am using Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G, and facing the same issue. I followed your instructions and was able to access the Global Table of UE. However, the fields that needs to be enabled (0>1) are not available in the Database. Kindly see the attached screenshot. Is there any other solution to activate the 5G SA mode?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Global Table.jpg
    Global Table.jpg
    517.2 KB · Views: 763
Hello,

I am using Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G, and facing the same issue. I followed your instructions and was able to access the Global Table of UE. However, the fields that needs to be enabled (0>1) are not available in the Database. Kindly see the attached screenshot. Is there any other solution to activate the 5G SA mode?

Thanks!
You are O.T here because we discuss about Mi 10 in all its variant and not about Mi 11.
Open new TRD here;
Surely someone will be able to give you more help.
Many thanks.

Reactions: Mariak
Hello,

Thanks!
Add new string by your self should work

Add new string by your self should work
Hello,

I added the string in the Global table settings as suggested. However, the options to select between 5G sa and nsa mode in Advance setting of my phone is still not available.

Attachments

• Global table.jpg
    Global table.jpg
    548.4 KB · Views: 639
  • advance setting.jpg
    advance setting.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 523
Strange , i have now this after update to miui 13

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-01-31-18-47-35-085_com.android.phone.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-01-31-18-47-35-085_com.android.phone.jpg
    299.3 KB · Views: 733