[Mi 10 Ultra] 5g not working

brokenmass

Members
Nov 21, 2020
Hello Forum. I recently bought a mi 10 ultra and after waiting a week i flashed the weekly A11 xiaomi.eu rom.
I'm very satisfied with the phone and with this custom rom but unfortunately 5g is not working anymore.

I used to have 5g coverage (live in London and have EE) on the chinese stock rom but since I flashed it seems unable to connect to 5g anymore. I have updated my weekly rom 3 times now nut the newer version still haven't fixed this issue

I tried to check modem info (signal strength etc) in the debug syste (*#*#6484#*#*) but the system crashed (error message something like "cit application keeps crashing") when I try to access the "modem info" option.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue ? any solution ?

Hello Forum. I recently bought a mi 10 ultra and after waiting a week i flashed the weekly A11 xiaomi.eu rom.
I'm very satisfied with the phone and with this custom rom but unfortunately 5g is not working anymore.

I used to have 5g coverage (live in London and have EE) on the chinese stock rom but since I flashed it seems unable to connect to 5g anymore. I have updated my weekly rom 3 times now nut the newer version still haven't fixed this issue

I tried to check modem info (signal strength etc) in the debug syste (*#*#6484#*#*) but the system crashed (error message something like "cit application keeps crashing") when I try to access the "modem info" option.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue ? any solution ?

I have the MI 10 Pro China version with EU Rom flashed and never got 5G on the three network.

And I can't find a way to flash back to a china rom.

Last edited:
guys. try below:
click into Settings-->sim and mobile netwoks, and click the sim card (sim1 or sim2) you're using for mobile data,
next page click into Access Point Name,
the final step click Reset.

Tried that already some time ago. No luck.
I've also triedto redefine a new apn andeven with that config no 5g.

3g, 4g and even 4g+ (carrier aggregation) works perfectly

Last edited:

1I tried what you put *#*#6484#*#* but I never saw anyrthing about the signal

My phone icon says it's 5G, but if I use a app, it says it's connected at 4G+ band 3
Wonder if it's something in the china rom that the EU guys are not allowed to install?

I don't know how to fix our problem with this rom.
Starting to give up now.

Last edited:
Try *#*#4636#*#* and then change the network options to NR/LTE

I have this set...I don't know what I am doing or which one to pick for the Three network UK :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-12-22-08-55-06-672_com.android.phone.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-12-22-08-55-06-672_com.android.phone.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 809

Have you had any luck getting 5G working?
I've asked some of the mod leader here.
But haven't heard a word back.

Could you tell me your version please.

And are you in the UK getting 5G?

Thanks

I have the 12.0.15 EU STABLE Rom. I'm in France but it should be the same in UK I guess

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-12-26-14-20-50-759_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-12-26-14-20-50-759_com.android.settings.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 424
I have the 12.0.15 EU STABLE Rom. I'm in France but it should be the same in UK I guess

Nice one.

And you have the Chinese version of the MI 10 Pro?
Sorry for asking alot but I have got to get to the bottom of this.

Nice one.

And you have the Chinese version of the MI 10 Pro?
Sorry for asking alot but I have got to get to the bottom of this.

I have the Chinese (only version) Mi 10 Ultra and installed the European stable Rom from this forum (12.0.15 at this time). I get 5G all around my home for now. You may have to activate 5G in your provider's app/website. Had to do it for mine.

I have the Chinese (only version) Mi 10 Ultra and installed the European stable Rom from this forum (12.0.15 at this time). I get 5G all around my home for now. You may have to activate 5G in your provider's app/website. Had to do it for mine.

It's all done on the sim with the 3 network.
Wonder why some of us are not getting 5G in the UK with a MI 10 Pro?

Thanks for your help.
Will keep looking fora fix.

I am on the stable branch.

Been in touch with 3, and they say I should get 5G no problem.
In fact, even if I receive 5G, the mi 10 ultra does not have 700MHz (B28), the frequency used the most by my provider in 4G and 5G, which means that I encounter a lot of signal cuts. I have a 2nd provider which uses these frequencies less and is stable on the other hand but I have not subscribed to 5g from them

In fact, even if I receive 5G, the mi 10 ultra does not have 700MHz (B28), the frequency used the most by my provider in 4G and 5G, which means that I encounter a lot of signal cuts. I have a 2nd provider which uses these frequencies less and is stable on the other hand but I have not subscribed to 5g from them

3 network users 3400MHZ n78 5G and 3600-4000MHZ n77 5G

I've just been right next to the 5G mask, My Mi 10 pro says 5G at the top right icon.
But in fact it's connecting at 4G Band 3 i got 146 Mbs download which is crap.

So it looks like I will be selling this hunk of junk and going back to Samsung.

LOL

cry more. Not the phone's fault you don't do your research and have no idea what you're doing.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out kid

Enlighten me.

I and others should be getting about 480Mbps to 1Gbps on 5G which is free on the 3 network.

All sorted .

I got my old galaxy note plus 5g out and got full speed straight away.