Mi 11 Android auto

arabianhex

Members
Feb 22, 2021
Does anyone have Android auto working with xiaomi.eu rom. I want to flash the rom but im not sure it would fix the Android auto issue. Ive tried enabling usb debugging and deactivating dual apps also clearing google play services, however when i connect it to my car the app freeze on the mi 11.

Reactions: renegade2k
Does anyone have Android auto working with xiaomi.eu rom. I want to flash the rom but im not sure it would fix the Android auto issue. Ive tried enabling usb debugging and deactivating dual apps also clearing google play services, however when i connect it to my car the app freeze on the mi 11.
Yes, I'm using android auto with the eu rom and it's working perfect including assistant.

No, nothing extra. But AA itself could be buggy these times. If it doesn't start just delete data, give it permissions and connect. You must connect when the car is not moving and the phone could be locked.

Hi There - my Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite always goes to DND when connected to Android Auto. Also, Spotify wont work.
I am running latest MIUI 12.0.1.0. in the U.K.

Is there a fix or workaround, please? Loving my 1syt Xiaomi mobile, apart from this issue.

No, nothing extra. But AA itself could be buggy these times. If it doesn't start just delete data, give it permissions and connect. You must connect when the car is not moving and the phone could be locked.
I just want to publish a follow up on the Android Auto case if anybody is interested.
Like I said Android Auto is still rather unstable right now. But I had it worked since I flashed EU without any problems.
But later I played a little and tried different roms from eea to global. When I found out that they all perform poor comparing to EU I got back to that rom.
But surprisingly android auto didn't work anymore. I don't know why, maybe because I partially restore apps and settings during flash or from any other reason. Anyway, whatever I did (delete settings both on the phone and the car, uninstalling auto, playing with settings..) I couldn't get AA back. It was a frustrating experience: as firstly working AA was a given, latter was a given that I got only black screen on the head unit, no matter what I tried.
After two days I did factory reset on the phone and reset every involved setting on both devices (it wasn't that hard because I restored most apps and settings from previously made backup on usb) and magically got AA back - like it was before and like nothing happened in between.

Xiaomi mi 11 (MIUI Global 12.0.11)
Using dual sim.

I've downloaded Android Auto and accepted the permissions requested from the app.
It starts up ok in the car (seat leon 2019), spotify however doesn't start until I first open my app on the phone and start playing through that. That one I can accept, even if it's frustrating.
I've tried to get the phone to open up when it detects the bluetooth in the car (unlocked with bluetooth) but it can't recognize my car, even if they are already paired ‍♀️

Google assistant works, kind off..
It can start music through spotify, trying to use it to send a text which doesn't work. After it have identified the receiver off the text and is asking for the message, the music starts playing again and the assistant doesn't understand that to do anymore (likely unable to hear my voice through the music? ‍♀️)

To use the AA to make a call is definitely not possible, i need to close the connection through usb cable first to be able to choose which sim card to use. A work around is to choose one of the cards to be master, but I want to be able to choose between the work number and my private number. So to always use the same number is not an alternative (a reason why I bought a dual sim phone).
I've ereased all data/cache on the Google play app and made sure that dual apps is not activated.
But it didn't solved the problem.

Any other work around to have a better (more stable) functionality of google assistant?
I like the phone, but to not being able to use AA to the fullest is frustrating to say the least!
Previous phone was an Huawei P20 Pro, where assistant and AA worked without problems..

On the latest .EU Stable ROM and I'm having an issue with AA on a 2021 Lexus. AA starts up fine on my VW but some reason the Lexus doesn't work. I'd plug in the USB and it would start charging but selecting the screen projection option says I need to use a compatible USB device. I tried my OnePlus 6 and AA started up correctly.

I use this post to describe my problem (about AA too)

I'm on a 11 Lite 5G, new one.
All up to date.
When connecting to AA, i can't answer to Whatsapp / Message when it ask me if y want to answer a message.
I can talk to Google ("Ok google, send a message " [in french]), but it seems that when Google talks to me, it can't hear me ... ?
I notice another trouble, after a call (received via AA), music restart on the phone speakers instead of Android Auto and car speakers !

If it's a small parameters i've missed ?

Thanks

All up to date.
When connecting to AA, i can't answer to Whatsapp / Message when it ask me if y want to answer a message.
I can talk to Google ("Ok google, send a message " [in french]), but it seems that when Google talks to me, it can't hear me ... ?
I notice another trouble, after a call (received via AA), music restart on the phone speakers instead of Android Auto and car speakers !

Thanks
I have the same problem with Mi9 Lite MIUI Global 12.0.10. Have you solved?

All up to date.

Thanks

i had these same problems, exactly the same problems when i got my new mi 11 lite 5G. exactly those issues.
the phone came with a ROM created by the company.
Changed it to the Xiaomi.eu weekly rom and now:

I can answer the whatsapp messages, without issues.
i can talk to google, and it understands and replies to me, but no longer open maps on commands, or spotify music on command. it hears me, but doesn't understand lol.
Spotify doesn't open if i don't open and start playing before on the phone...

almost everyone blames the app of android auto... but why 2 different roms have different issues...