Mi 11 global rom

simonw1

Members
Jun 18, 2021
Hi guys just wondering how I flash the global ROM I'd like to put the global rom on my mi 11 ultra I've currently got xiaomi.eu ROM on there. I'm worried about bricking it.. I also searched this topic before posting the question thanks guys

I assume you have unlocked your bootloader right?

In this case it is very simple

Make a backup of your data first because the process will format everything
Download and install on your PC the software "miflash tool"
Open the program and connect to your mi account
On the top left go into settings and delete the "checkpoint" line into it (this will avoid checkpoint error during flashing process)
Now download the firmware you want to install from a trusted website like https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com
You must download the fastboot version of the ROM you plan to install
Once downloaded the ROM will be a .tgz file open this file with a zip archive such as 7zip and extract the content,now you will have another archive (.gz) extract this archive as well in order to have simply a folder of the ROM installer.
Now boot your phone into fastboot and connect it to the pc
Go into miflash tool and press refresh on the top right, your device must now appear
Now again on the top right press on open file and search for the folder you extracted before,and simply select it
On the bottom now make sure to select "flash_all" if you don't you might occur into miflash blocking your bootloader if you select flash_lock" and consequently brick your phone as you are not installing your original ROM, and if you select flash_keep data" you will just dirty flash your current rom and this is not recommended as you are moving to a different branch ROM.
In case you are downgrading your ROM and firmware you might need to modify the flash_all bat file into the ROM folder you plan to install,this process is needed to avoid miflashtool checking on your ROM and firmware version. In this case you must delete the following https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/rollback-protection-xiaomi-mi-11.60435/post-597982
Now you can flash your ROM, please wait for the process to complete and it will reboot automatically your phone into the new rom (first boot will take more time)

Thankyou soo much xNAPx
I assume you have unlocked your bootloader right?

In this case it is very simple

Make a backup of your data first because the process will format everything
Download and install on your PC the software "miflash tool"
Open the program and connect to your mi account
On the top left go into settings and delete the "checkpoint" line into it (this will avoid checkpoint error during flashing process)
Now download the firmware you want to install from a trusted website like https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com
You must download the fastboot version of the ROM you plan to install
Once downloaded the ROM will be a .tgz file open this file with a zip archive such as 7zip and extract the content,now you will have another archive (.gz) extract this archive as well in order to have simply a folder of the ROM installer.
Now boot your phone into fastboot and connect it to the pc
Go into miflash tool and press refresh on the top right, your device must now appear
Now again on the top right press on open file and search for the folder you extracted before,and simply select it
On the bottom now make sure to select "flash_all" if you don't you might occur into miflash blocking your bootloader if you select flash_lock" and consequently brick your phone as you are not installing your original ROM, and if you select flash_keep data" you will just dirty flash your current rom and this is not recommended as you are moving to a different branch ROM.
In case you are downgrading your ROM and firmware you might need to modify the flash_all bat file into the ROM folder you plan to install,this process is needed to avoid miflashtool checking on your ROM and firmware version. In this case you must delete the following https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/rollback-protection-xiaomi-mi-11.60435/post-597982
Now you can flash your ROM, please wait for the process to complete and it will reboot automatically your phone into the new rom (first boot will take more time)
Thankyou soo much your a star

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.