Mi 11 Pro in UK

General85

Members
Oct 5, 2021
Hi,
Very new to this and looking at the 11 pro, 'Chinese version with Google play installed'. I asked the question to the company whether it will work in UK etc, they said I need a 'patch' but if it has Google Play, what else do I need?

Hi,
Very new to this and looking at the 11 pro, 'Chinese version with Google play installed'. I asked the question to the company whether it will work in UK etc, they said I need a 'patch' but if it has Google Play, what else do I need?
If you are not willing to be a Xiaomi geek the best is to always buy a GLOBAL version.
Modified phone are always at risk in case you never expect.
Anyway what they suggest you is acceptable and this phone will comply with UK norm.
But.....

If you are not willing to be a Xiaomi geek the best is to always buy a GLOBAL version.
Modified phone are always at risk in case you never expect.
Anyway what they suggest you is acceptable and this phone will comply with UK norm.
But.....
Thanks. So this is where I get confused. They have 'global -multilanguage + google apps'.

Is this different to Global version? As far as I know, the 11 pro doesn't have a global version yet as it's for the Chinese market.

Thanks. So this is where I get confused. They have 'global -multilanguage + google apps'.

Is this different to Global version? As far as I know, the 11 pro doesn't have a global version yet as it's for the Chinese market.
Yes it is different, it is either a modified Chinese ROM, or they unlocked the bootloader and installed another ROM (for example Xiaomi.eu)

Reactions: General85

Yes it is different!
They just add Google stuff on the China rom and a unknown multi language pack.
If you want to stay official and never deal with software modification yourself , better to wait some real global availability.
Other people here to comment?

Currently Mi 11 Pro is China exclusive and unlikely get released globally as it would compete directly with the Ultra.

Hi,
Do not be fooled. You simply add your Google account in the settings and you have activated the Google Play services. Your Play Store is certified and the L1 level is also included.
I myself run a Mi 11 in Germany with an original China ROM and a closed bootloader. Except for the fact that the language is only in English, everything works flawlessly. You can either uninstall or deactivate all the Chinese bloatware.

Mi 11

Yes it is different, it is either a modified Chinese ROM, or they unlocked the bootloader and installed another ROM (for example Xiaomi.eu)
Ah ok, this makes sense now. The word 'global' threw me as they use it in different ways. Thanks

Do not be fooled. You simply add your Google account in the settings and you have activated the Google Play services. Your Play Store is certified and the L1 level is also included.
I myself run a Mi 11 in Germany with an original China ROM and a closed bootloader. Except for the fact that the language is only in English, everything works flawlessly. You can either uninstall or deactivate all the Chinese bloatware.

Mi 11
Thanks! Sounds promising, just hope I don't have too many issues!

Hi,
Hi there, I bought a mi 11 pro chinese version, using in Australia, I found out that it doesn't support android auto, and it's very hard to set up google pay, and a few more bugs which won't show up if you are using the phone in China. You'd better buy a global version. I just changed to eu Rom, much better now.

通过我的 M2102K1AC 上的 Tapatalk发言

Device speed is similar (2021 SOC Vs higher clocked 2020 SOC), but the camera is not as good on Poco F3.
Don't forget you also get QHD display, IP68, 5000mAh battery, latest gorilla glass victus and 12gb ram. That's what I can think of when comparing the devices which is typical to a flagship.

Don't forget you also get QHD display, IP68, 5000mAh battery, latest gorilla glass victus and 12gb ram. That's what I can think of when comparing the devices which is typical to a flagship.
I have no doubt those elements can be important for some users. I just tried to quickly sum up the main differences between the devices.

Reactions: wilpang
I'd be going for the Mi 11 Pro with 8gb and 256gb, I think that's plenty enough for me.

Now that I have been looking into this further, the unlocking and flashing seems pretty straight forward. What I need to clarify is, if I buy:

China Rom- I need to unlock bootloader and flash with EU Rom
Global Rom - already unlocked bootloader, just need to flash EU Rom

Is that correct?

China and Global bootloaders are both closed.
To flash the EU ROM, you have to open the bootloader on both devices.

Mi 11

China and Global bootloaders are both closed.
To flash the EU ROM, you have to open the bootloader on both devices.

Mi 11
For the Mi 11 Pro (only released for the chinese market), I really don't think it can have a Global ROM with a locked bootloader. ;)

On devices with a closed bootloader, you can only flash the ROM with which the device was delivered. If you flash the EU or a different ROM after opening the bootloader and then close the bootloader again, you will brick the device.

Mi 11

For the Mi 11 Pro (only released for the chinese market), I really don't think it can have a Global ROM with a locked bootloader. ;)
I thought as much because for the Global Rom, they have to unlock the bootloader don't they? Anyway, guess my question is, if I'm willing to unlock and flash it with EU Rom, am I better off to buy the Chinese version?