In Progress [Mi 11] Settings crashes on 12.5.7

f_orbit

Members
Mar 27, 2021
The settings app crashes on 12.5.7. Currently there is no way to open settings.

I have also tried with all data cleared on the settings app with no luck.

Thanks

You both claim that Settings crashes, none of you recorded a logcat. We could help if you did.

You both claim that Settings crashes, none of you recorded a logcat. We could help if you did.
Sorry I just found out about Xiaomi eu and didn't know about logcat so I went back to miui 12.5.5 and unfortunately can't help you. Good luck !

Tried both the "adb logcat -v threadtime >logcat.txt" and "Make log.bat" options, and getting empty log files. Not sure if usb debugging is correctly enabled. Is there any other way to check apart from opening settings?

Update: turns out the adb package listed in the guide below is outdated. I used a newer version of adb and now unable to enable debugging as I can't open settings. Is there a workaround for this i.e. to get to that specific setting? I am able to open specific settings from shortcuts such as wifi and bluetooth, but not launch the full settings app.
[GUIDE] Logging with ADB Logcat | Xiaomi European Community

Update: Found an app that opens usb debug as a shortcut. Posting logs now

Last edited:
Tried both the "adb logcat -v threadtime >logcat.txt" and "Make log.bat" options, and getting empty log files. Not sure if usb debugging is correctly enabled. Is there any other way to check apart from opening settings?

Update: turns out the adb package listed in the guide below is outdated. I used a newer version of adb and now unable to enable debugging as I can't open settings. Is there a workaround for this i.e. to get to that specific setting? I am able to open specific settings from shortcuts such as wifi and bluetooth, but not launch the full settings app.
[GUIDE] Logging with ADB Logcat | Xiaomi European Community

Update: Found an app that opens usb debug as a shortcut. Posting logs now
Is the safetynet passed on this version?