Mi 11 ultra gps problems Google Maps

Chrizl123

Members
Nov 10, 2018
Who has problems with his 11 ultra and xiaomi.eu ROM and gps signal? It's all time bad and the update to miui13 and android 12 doesn't solve the problem. Many times bad signal in Google maps or no signal. Perhaps hardware issue?

Is it only Google? Have you checked to ensure it is on the use GPS list? Check GPS from a test app or go settings, all specs and tap on kernel may times to get to the test page. Scroll down to 40, GPS test and look there.

Thank you for your reply. The screenshot is after round about 15 seconds. There are many zeros or is it okay?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-03-16-06-45-48-974_com.miui.cit.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-03-16-06-45-48-974_com.miui.cit.jpg
    464.6 KB · Views: 400
You are seeing 75 GPS satellites but a lot have low signal. Are you actually outside testing them?

I'm having a similar issue. GPS is fine usually, just sometimes the direction I'm facing in Google maps is wrong

I have the same problem since last Update. But not all the time.
After calibrating the compass it seems to work better.
Will test a little more.

After two weeks testing: works perfect after this compass calibrating

Last edited:
I havce not noticed that my GPS signal is not strong enough (using Mi 11 Ultra in Sweden), but like someone else mentioned, the compass is never correct. No matter how much I calibrate it, it always turns back to point slightly to the right (east) for me. I'm beginning to think maybe Xiaomi has not considered the difference between the magnetic north and the geographic north :)

i also have gps issue and i am on weekly -- in my case, i found that once i am outside of cell signal range, google map cant use GPS half the time (i am outside in the mountain). but other app (at same time) seems to work still

i feel like gps+google map used to be functioning much better pre-xmas rom.