Mi 5 Emitting High Frequency Static Noise

PPrimoz

Members
Jan 7, 2017
Dear all,

yesterday I received the Xiaomi Mi 5 Prime. When I ordered the phone I sent a message to retailer in order to install the global rom with the OTA ability. When I started the phone I noticed that it has the global rom 8.1.2.0. However, there is one problem. When the phone has the screen ON, the Mi 5 emits high frequency static noise. If the screen is OFF, that noise disappears. I also noticed that the frequency varies if I use the phone (web browsing, using google play store, using camera).

I suspect that this noise is coming from the ear speaker.

I must also note that currently there is no sim card inside the phone.

Has anyone noticed such problem with his phone? Is the problem with hardware, with global rom? Should I install global rom 8.1.4.0? Should I send the phone back to retailer? Please advise me on this problem.

Thank you all for your answers!

Hello! Yesterday I wrote you about emitted noise from Xiaomi Mi5 Prime. Yesterday I found out that this noise is coming from the screen of the phone. The pitch of this high frequency noise changes if the brightness is changed. If the brightness is set to low the pitch is low. If the brightness is set from low to high the pitch also changes from low to high.

This kind of problem, but for the case of the LCD monitors is described here: https://www.devside.net/blog/lcd-making-a-buzzing-noise

I also used the latest MIUI global rom 8.2.2.0 but the problem still persists.

Has anyone noticed same problem with this phone?

I wrote to retailer about this problem and I think the phone should be replaced. The screen should not emit any sound regardless of the brightness.

Reactions: Jaime DLH