Mi 5s Wifi 5ghz Frequency Band

zmajdk

Members
May 30, 2016
Mi 5s cannot discover Mi WiFi R3P pro router on 5Ghz frequency band. The strange thing is that Mi 5s works perfectly with my the other Linksys router. I have tried all setup variation on both, phone and Mi Router, but nothing seems to work. No problem on 2Ghz frequency band. My Mi box 3 pro/enhanced and Mi notepad air 13 work perfectly with Mi Router on both 2G and 5G connection. Any idea and suggestions are welcome. I am on xiaomi eu ROM

Last edited:
Try to change the channel from 5Ghz Wi-Fi network from the router. Another channel in the Middle range.

Best regards

I have tried every possible combination of channels, band and encryption. As I said Mi 5s works fine with my other router
Linksys EA7500 Max-Stream on any given channel and band. It's beyond my comprehension and to me very strange. Thanks for suggestion!

Well, I found out what the real problem is.. Xiaomi WiFi software, what else can be.. The Router works only on upper channels from 149. Lower Channels from 36 to 64 are selectable but when selected it doesn't really change to desired channel. Hopefully this will be fixed by new firmware in near future. Wishful thinking.....

Well, I never give up. It's not the phone in my case. I know it might be because of xiaomi.eu ROM which allows only frequency band for EU, and I didn't check if Chinese ROM would help in this case. I solved my problem by updating Mi Wifi Router Pro R3P with international firmware and selecting Taiwan under region and channel 36. only this option worked. Interestingly, selecting Europe with any given channel didn't work.

Well, I never give up. It's not the phone in my case. I know it might be because of xiaomi.eu ROM which allows only frequency band for EU, and I didn't check if Chinese ROM would help in this case. I solved my problem by updating Mi Wifi Router Pro R3P with international firmware and selecting Taiwan under region and channel 36. only this option worked. Interestingly, selecting Europe with any given channel didn't work.

Hi, im a bit new to all this, but where did you find the R3P international firmware? I don't seem to be able to find it under ROM downloads.

Attachments

• IMG_20170529_142454.jpg
    IMG_20170529_142454.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 1,549
Reactions: Mads1111