Invalid Mi 8 EE and Google Assistant / voice match

SkyLink24

Members
Sep 11, 2018
Hi, i'm on 9.2.15 Eu dev beta on Xiaomi Mi 8 Explorer Edition. I can't enable the voice match function in any way in Google Assistant.
At the beginning i was in the Eu Stable Rom MIUI 10 OREO and it was working fine. Since the PIE upgrade the voice match is broken and i wasn't able to activate it in any way.
I tried then to wipe all and install the beta ROM, but anything changed. The voice match option still grey and i can't tap it.

This thing has been fixed on standard Mi 8 Dipper so please fix it. Before the Pie update it was working :)
Thanks in advance for the help, and generally, for the whole work.

Hi, i'm on 9.2.15 Eu dev beta on Xiaomi Mi 8 Explorer Edition. I can't enable the voice match function in any way in Google Assistant.
At the beginning i was in the Eu Stable Rom MIUI 10 OREO and it was working fine. Since the PIE upgrade the voice match is broken and i wasn't able to activate it in any way.
I tried then to wipe all and install the beta ROM, but anything changed. The voice match option still grey and i can't tap it.

This thing has been fixed on standard Mi 8 Dipper so please fix it. Before the Pie update it was working :)
Thanks in advance for the help, and generally, for the whole work.
Yep. China ROMs based on Android Pie for Snapdragon 845 devices don't support OK Google. Unfortunately, there's nothing to be done about it.

Oh sad to hear this. Thank you anyway.
But if i can ask, isn't the Mi 8 Dipper rom also based on china rom? Both Dipper and Ursa(Explorer ) have snapdragon 845 but according to some post on Mi 8 thread, Dipper with latest eu Pie rom is compatible with Voice match on Google assistant...

Edit:
I've read now your last answer to a post on mi8 forum and now you clarified my doubts. Thanks :)

Edit 2:
Last question: would It Be possible take the audio drivers from the mi 8 pro global rom and put in the Mi 8 Explorer eu rom? As far as i know both software and kernel of the phones are the same

Sorry for my bad english.

Last edited:
Oh sad to hear this. Thank you anyway.
But if i can ask, isn't the Mi 8 Dipper rom also based on china rom? Both Dipper and Ursa(Explorer ) have snapdragon 845 but according to some post on Mi 8 thread, Dipper with latest eu Pie rom is compatible with Voice match on Google assistant...

Edit:
I've read now your last answer to a post on mi8 forum and now you clarified my doubts. Thanks :)

Edit 2:
Last question: would It Be possible take the audio drivers from the mi 8 pro global rom and put in the Mi 8 Explorer eu rom? As far as i know both software and kernel of the phones are the same

Sorry for my bad english.
We already tried. It's not working.

Reactions: SkyLink24