New Mi 8 EE can't use facial recognition to unlock apps

Darwin121

Members
Nov 12, 2018
I just installed the latest update and when I tried to set unlock apps with face it doesn't work.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-01-19-00-19-23-690_com.android.systemui.png
    Screenshot_2019-01-19-00-19-23-690_com.android.systemui.png
    33.4 KB · Views: 213
I just installed the latest update and when I tried to set unlock apps with face it doesn't work.
The feature is officially available for Mi 8 only. We enabled it for all devices supporting Face Unlock. The funny thing is, Mi 8 EE is the ONLY device with an old implementation of face unlock, so I'm not surprised that it doesn't work right now. Hopefully, Xiaomi updates face unlock in next release.

So you mean my device is a better one, but with an worse implementation of face unlock?
Can you explain me that please?

Isn't it the only Mi device with face ID, shouldn't it work to?

So you mean my device is a better one, but with an worse implementation of face unlock?
Can you explain me that please?

Isn't it the only Mi device with face ID, shouldn't it work to?
I didn't say worse, I said old. All devices switched to a new API of face unlock, except Mi 8 EE. Why? Ask Xiaomi. I'm just stating the facts from observing the code.
Maybe they will update their code on the next release, maybe not. We have no idea. Mi 8 Pro seems identical to Mi 8 EE, yet Mi 8 Pro got the new implementation, Mi 8 EE did not.