Mi 8 encryption

nightshadow931

Members
Jul 12, 2019
Hi,

I'm using XEU 20.9.3 on my Mi 8. The phone is not encrypted by default, and that hasn't been the problem until now for me. Now i need to connect my work email/teams account, and I have to be encrypted for that.
As much as I am informed, 'Encrypt phone' option won't work for some reason. Or am I wrong?
Is there any other way to encrypt my phone without too much hassle?

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Hi,

I'm using XEU 20.9.3 on my Mi 8. The phone is not encrypted by default, and that hasn't been the problem until now for me. Now i need to connect my work email/teams account, and I have to be encrypted for that.
As much as I am informed, 'Encrypt phone' option won't work for some reason. Or am I wrong?
Is there any other way to encrypt my phone without too much hassle?

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk
I have MI 8 dipper latest weekly from September. Not encrypted as your case. But I never had problems connecting my office365 account. Using the 3rd party apps. Microsoft Teams is installed. And Microsoft Outlook installed. Both working fine.

I have MI 8 dipper latest weekly from September. Not encrypted as your case. But I never had problems connecting my office365 account. Using the 3rd party apps. Microsoft Teams is installed. And Microsoft Outlook installed. Both working fine.
Sorry to tell, but your phone , without encryption is so secure less if you loose it.
This is the key point to keep in mind!

Sorry to tell, but your phone , without encryption is so secure less if you loose it.
This is the key point to keep in mind!
Yes I know but if I remember when I installed the first TWRP encryption wasn't available so I kept going this way (even if I have newer versions of TWRP now).

Hello people, i have the same issue. How can i do to encrypt my phone?
Have the latest TWRP available for this phone (which supports encryption) and I think you can enable encryption in phone settings. But I'm not sure at all. Someone with encrypted MI 8 must double check this message

Have the latest TWRP available for this phone (which supports encryption) and I think you can enable encryption in phone settings. But I'm not sure at all. Someone with encrypted MI 8 must double check this message
no TWRP with encryption support available for MI8 Family.
Even so called official latest one.
Sorry