Mi 8 firmware update

ricpicpr

Members
Dec 11, 2018
Hello
my device is the Global Version and im on Xiaomi.eu Beta rom and my question is: the firmware is updated every time i install the latest beta (im on the last 9.6.27)? If not, wich version i have to install, the global one or the chinese one? Thanks in advance

C'mon....no one here knows if installing the Xiaomi.eu roms the firmware also is updated, or not??? I can't believe it!

C'mon....no one here knows if installing the Xiaomi.eu roms the firmware also is updated, or not??? I can't believe it!

Your Global version should theoretically at least work best with Global firmware.

The Xiaomi.eu ROMs are mostly derived from China ROMs and have China firmware.

Would your gobal version Mi8 work better if you flashed the Global firmware over the Xiaomi rom?
No idea, try it and see. :cool:

The firmware is updated with every new rom, Xiaomi or official, but some things like the persist partition are not included in the firmware or recovery roms - only in the official fastboot roms.
To fix things like that you have to either
do special fixes, or fastboot flash an official fastboot ROM and start from scratch.

Try searching the forums AND reading and you wouldn't need to wait for such answers.