Mi 8 issues update 8.8.16

stephenju

Members
Jul 7, 2018
Time for some update on the common issues seen here. Please reply if you have 8.8.16 installed.

• GPS: Does it work for more than a couple of hours of phone use? Especially after the phone goes to sleep?
  • Google Pay: Can you pay with NFC? Do SafetyNet tests pass? Please note there's a SafetyNet API change and most checkers fail for that reason. Use this to check.
  • ARcore: Do apps like Google Measure work?
  • OK Google: Does the hot word bring up the Assistant?
  • Bluetooth: Does BT turn back on after airplane mode?
  • Restart: Does restarting the phone actually restart it, not go into semi-shutdown mode that requires long pressing power to bring it back?
Thanks.

Hi
GPS : i used it 30 minutes. First, i hads to reboot the phone because signal was lost to many times. after reboot, signal was better, but everytime i drive under a (small) bridge, the signal get lost for a sec ans came back very quick ! i have to test it again !
Google Pay : i don't use
ARCore : no problem
OK Google : no problem
BT : it turns back on after air plane mode
Restart : restart ok, but i had this issu before (semi-shutdown)

2 questions :
1. will miui 10 offer several colors for led or will it be white for ever ?
2. why is default notification sound for sms 'in and out), mail, etc...why not different sound for each ?

thanx for hard work

Hi
GPS : i used it 30 minutes. First, i hads to reboot the phone because signal was lost to many times. after reboot, signal was better, but everytime i drive under a (small) bridge, the signal get lost for a sec ans came back very quick ! i have to test it again !

2 questions :
2. why is default notification sound for sms 'in and out), mail, etc...why not different sound for each ?

thanx for hard work

Just to clarify. You can say "OK Google" to the phone and it brings up Assistant?

Hi

2 questions :

thanx for hard work

did you use any mod on magisk for arcore?

Time for some update on the common issues seen here. Please reply if you have 8.8.16 installed.

• GPS: Does it work for more than a couple of hours of phone use? Especially after the phone goes to sleep?
  • Google Pay: Can you pay with NFC? Do SafetyNet tests pass? Please note there's a SafetyNet API change and most checkers fail for that reason. Use this to check.
  • ARcore: Do apps like Google Measure work?
  • OK Google: Does the hot word bring up the Assistant?
  • Bluetooth: Does BT turn back on after airplane mode?
  • Restart: Does restarting the phone actually restart it, not go into semi-shutdown mode that requires long pressing power to bring it back?
Thanks.

GPS: same issues as before, no change
Google Pay, work without issues, was a google pay problem i've talked to a google employee and he confirmed. (I've tested google pay last days and it works really fine.
ARCore is working, Tested wirth Monster Park & Porsche Mission E
OK Google: doesnt use this
Blutooth: Bluetooth isnt fixed yet, after airplane it doesnt come back
Restart: sometimes it restarts without issues, sometime not

This rom has the option to enable AOD (always on display) on specific time interval (to let the screen off at night for example), as the global one?

I can confirm that Google Pay Works.
I also have Magisk 16.7 installed and set hide root to GPay, Google Play services, etc..

MI8 8.8.16 - Camera is always active and causes the battery drain, it's a bug.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-08-23-13-32-29-054_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2018-08-23-13-32-29-054_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    180.5 KB · Views: 279
Reactions: stereo0