Mi 8 Lite MIUI 12 BATTERY DRAIN

Black Heaven

Members
Apr 13, 2019
Hi, i love miui 12, still a beta and today update 20.5.7 helps a lot. But it keeps draining a lot of battery. When i make a phone call it gets hot as hell. Does anyone knows the source of this problem?

Thanks

I did that and the system runs better but even in battery save mode, This miui 12 Is power hungry. And drains the battery the same as before. When i make a phone calle It gets hot in the upper section of the phone. It needs a lot of adjustments. Does any one experience the same issue?

Hahaha. Maybe just this week. If the weekly update doesnt fix this, i'll wait with miui11 until 2 or 3 updates of the global versión release. ITs just destroying the battery life of my phone

Oh..i see, i just read it with funny intentions but now i see

i will try that and report it back. but i think that the problem is the way the processor its fixed , most of the battery drain comes from Google services, stand by and wifi services. but when i make a phone call it gets really hot. somethings ask for so much power

Ok. Drained all the battery...waited 2 hours a and charged It. After 1 hour and 3 minutes i lost 3% or 4% of battery. Thats crazy. The problem Its the wifi and stand by. Yesterday a Made a phone call of 1 hour and lost 23% of battery.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-05-14-08-02-07-870_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-05-14-08-02-07-870_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 701
  • Screenshot_2020-05-14-08-01-43-589_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2020-05-14-08-01-43-589_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    92.3 KB · Views: 676
I also have the battery drain problem. Don't know how to fix it but I gotta accept because it was just released and the developer needs some more time to stabilize it. :D

Hi all!
I have mi8 and just updates to the latest MIUI 12. Having the same problem: While normal browsing or reading book or watching YouTube drains battery about 12% per 10 minutes. That's insane! On prev miui11 I charged my phone once a Day, sometime per 2 days. And NOW I HAVE to charge it 3 times a Day. WTF?
Developers, when this goin to be fixed? Or how can I roll back to 11?

Reactions: Technoboy45
Try hard reset or clean flash. In my case I have better battery performance, up to 8 hours of active display.

Try hard reset or clean flash. In my case I have better battery performance, up to 8 hours of active display.
I think so in my case try to wipe via twrp many time but not solved battery issues. Then I format(not wipe) my mi 8 lite via twrp (and i lost all file accept eu rom setup file in my phone so be careful. ) after flash 20.7.23 my phone lost some power menu (reboot to recovery mode etc.) and now I can using around 8 hrs continues.

Hi all!
I have mi8 and just updates to the latest MIUI 12. Having the same problem: While normal browsing or reading book or watching YouTube drains battery about 12% per 10 minutes. That's insane! On prev miui11 I charged my phone once a Day, sometime per 2 days. And NOW I HAVE to charge it 3 times a Day. WTF?
I have mi8 updated to 12 stable from latest 11 and battery usage seems normal. Only difference that I notice is earpiece speaker, during calls minimum volume is really loud.

Hi all!

Don't respect high performance from lowly power usage. Remember these are modified rom and more importantly it seems chrome and YouTube use more power now a day. And when you roll back to stable rom you need to flash your phone with flashing application from PC first because there are some configuration files hidden among your phone's partitions.