Mi 8 Pro (UK version) vs. Mi 8 Explorer Edition !

You will need to adjust the updater script and your phone will literally be turned into a pro version, beside that, it should work.

Regards.

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition using Tapatalk

You can either change your device string (build.prop) or the script (screenshot), or do a full wipe after flashing twrp for pro on your Explorer.
As long as there is no secret chip been read, a empty device with no traces of the former Rom should flash the pro rom straight ahead.

Regards.
11e7d02fdf89661eb594489a07498c8a.jpg

I've seen People flashing the Dipper Rom on the Ursa and it booted.. So it's not a big risk mate.

Would be nice if you could report back about your progress.

I personally would flash the Equlus recovery, then full wipe including format and try to flash the Pro Rom without changing anything, see how that goes, theoretically it should turn the phone into a native Equlus / Pro.

Regards.

ok ... you're right ... if anything goes wrong, what's the worst thing that could happen ? ... I'll flash again original fastboot ROM for EE ! .. in a few days I'll say how the operation done ! :D

Reactions: Karpfenhai
You will need to adjust the updater script and your phone will literally be turned into a pro version, beside that, it should work.

Regards.

Really? I want to try it, can you give the tutorial how to change the script and success flashing Equuleus ROM into Ursa??

Really? I want to try it, can you give the tutorial how to change the script and success flashing Equuleus ROM into Ursa??

What's wrong with ursa ROM?

What's wrong with ursa ROM?
Emmm hi dev... nothing wrong with ursa rom... but ursa not have global rom (my language) dev, its really so sad after hear if Mi 8 EE (ursa) will not get the global rom...

So use our ROM..
Yes of course dev, I'm using eu ROM from after unlock bootloader till now. But on eu ROM still not have my language (bahasa Indonesia).. I'm trying using MoreLocale 2 but its not permanent.
91f4e3af58e5ab6fedff6bff50472d59.jpg

Just read above?
Don't do it if you are not ready to lose all data, have a backup externally stored!

Replace Equuleus with ursa in the mentioned file or take the road described above (wipe all, flash Equuleus recovery)

Good luck!

Reactions: NOS_BZone
Ok ... I did it ! :D .. First, I downloaded the "Mi 8 Pro Latest Global Stable Version Fastboot File Download", then I unziped it ! After that, i modified the file "flash_all.bat" - I replaced on the first two rows the word "equuleus" with "ursa". I started XiaoMiFlash.exe with the phone connected in fastboot mode and flash the ROM .. after 10 minutes, flashed ok - Mi 8 Pro model ! It works perfectly, onscreen fingerprint is ok, but I don't have face recognition anywhere in the menu ... but, for me it's not a must ! :D

Last edited:
Ok ... I did it ! :D .. First, I downloaded the "Mi 8 Pro Latest Global Stable Version Fastboot File Download", then I unziped it ! After that, i modified the file "flash_all.bat" - I replaced on the first two rows the word "equuleus" with "ursa". I started XiaoMiFlash.exe with the phone connected in fastboot mode and flash the ROM .. after 10 minutes, flashed ok - Mi 8 Pro model ! It works perfectly, onscreen fingerprint is ok, but I don't have face recognition anywhere in the menu ... but, for me it's not a must ! :D
Seriously? Can you share the about on settings? Because if this true I'll try it.

ok ... this is my "about" now .. it looks like a "mi 8 pro" version.

I set the region to "India" to have "wallpaper carousel" and "themes" .. I think the problem with face recognition is because Mi8EE has 3D face recognition and Mi8PRO has infrared face recognition .. I guess, I'm not sure ! :D

L.E. : I changed the region to Taiwan (or Indonesia) and now appear "Add face data", but when I try to setup a new "face" displays the message "couldn't recognize you" ! .. I think is a "driver" problem ! :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-11-17-23-12-27-721_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2018-11-17-23-12-27-721_com.android.settings.png
    125.1 KB · Views: 438
Last edited:
ok ... this is my "about" now .. it looks like a "mi 8 pro" version.

I set the region to "India" to have "wallpaper carousel" and "themes" .. I think the problem with face recognition is because Mi8EE has 3D face recognition and Mi8PRO has infrared face recognition .. I guess, I'm not sure ! :D

L.E. : I changed the region to Taiwan (or Indonesia) and now appear "Add face data", but when I try to setup a new "face" displays the message "couldn't recognize you" ! .. I think is a "driver" problem ! :)
Yeah me too successful flash rom equuleus but what type twrp version you using with this rom?

Sent from my MI 8 Pro using Tapatalk

I have not installed any TWRP ... It has stock "Mi-Recovery 3.0" !
Oh ya, because I'm trying flash any twrp for equuleus and ursa all failed permanent, it just temporary installed

Sent from my MI 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Did you flash magisk?

Maybe it's worth a try to copy the relevant files from ursa rom manually to enable face recognition?

I would try this, but I don't know what are the files for face recognition to replace them .. :(

I need to extract the full rom, but i don't have time, maybe next week :) we will figure
I would try this, but I don't know what are the files for face recognition to replace them .. :(

Reactions: Baiony
I need to extract the full rom, but i don't have time, maybe next week :) we will figure

Maybe you can try this patch for Face Unlock ID > https://goo.gl/9ag8m5 < this file created by my friend

What does it do?
Just patching the region for enablement or adding the missing files / drivers?

Edit:
After a quick look, it contains the libraries, actually that might work, give it a try!

Regards