Mi 8 SE issue with Skype

CarlMagnussen

Members
Aug 18, 2018
Hi guys,

I've just received my Mi 8 SE (9.5.11 China Stable) and in order to wait the 360hours to unlock the bootloader, I installed the play store and Skype.
It appears that my contacts hear me very badly during calls when the speaker is turned on.
I guess it's due to some mic problems but i'm not an expert.
I don't know if this problem is known but I would like to know if someone else is experimenting the same issue and if the Xiaomi.eu ROM or some Magisk tools could resolve it.
In advance thank you.

I have the same problem.
The issue is present with all apps like VIBER, WATSUPP, HANGOUT

Please respond if the Xiaomi.eu ROM does have this behavior.
Thanks.

Greetings,
I've not tried yet with xiaomi.eu rom but actually WhatsApp is working fine for me. So I think it might be a pure Skype problem that's why I uninstalled it. Can you please try again with WhatsApp ? Maybe I could be wrong.
Cheers

Greetings,
I've not tried yet with xiaomi.eu rom but actually WhatsApp is working fine for me. So I think it might be a pure Skype problem that's why I uninstalled it. Can you please try again with WhatsApp ? Maybe I could be wrong.
Cheers
Yes, issue is present only in Skype, Viber and Hangouts.
No problem in Watts app.

Yeah so I think the problem comes from these applications. If you really want to use them you still can use headphones it works well. The difference is that the speaker is away from the microphone. I think that these apps except WhatsApp it seems, doesn't handle this specificity on smartphone...

Yeah so I think the problem comes from these applications. If you really want to use them you still can use headphones it works well. The difference is that the speaker is away from the microphone. I think that these apps except WhatsApp it seems, doesn't handle this specificity on smartphone...
No the problem is noise cancellation.
Because when I start to speak, the other side hear me well for a sec and then my voice fade out to 0. Then if you make a very brief pause and start talking again, the effect is repeated.

I had the same issue on MIUI 10 Global Stable on my Mi 8SE (Xiaomi.eu). Due to this issue Mi 8 SE was sold and I have bought Mi Note 3, updated it to MIUI 10 Global Stable and - the same issue :(
Actually I tried a couple of firmwares and from my prospective the issue in Mi Note 3 starts from MIUI10/8.1 update. So I must stay on 9.5.10.0 stable for now.
I hope this issue will be finally fixed.

It is sad, because this is a basic function and other forums like the official xiaomi one are aware of this "bug" but no action is taken. And I am schure it is some super low/simple setting to fix.

How do you know that?
I know, because i did read the same threats over there and I did write also in them.
But we have to be aware that Mi8 SE is intended ONLY for the china market and over there they do not use thouse apps that we do. Thy have its own similar apps and there is no issue with them.

Yes, I see your point, but the issue exists not only with Mi8 SE but with Mi Note 3 as well, even on GLOBAL official firmware :(

I do not know about NOTE 3, but, again Mi 8 SE is only for the Chinese market and there is no GLOBAL rom for it.
ALLSO the Xiaomi.EU ROMS are BASED ON THE CN versions (sourse) NOT THE GLOBAL ONE!