Invalid MI 8:Stuck at Lockscreen after clean install of WEEKLY 9.4.11

addib

Members
Jul 6, 2018
Hello,

I have a Mi 8 Chinese version and I have been using xiaomi.eu on it for a while now. Because I was having some issues with the system launcher crashing frequently I now tried to clean install the rom.
I made a TWRP backup of boot, system and data (disabled Lockscreen password and Face unlock first). Then I Used the factory reset function of miui and then finally reflashed the 9.4.11 Rom using TWRP. Then I restored from my backup also using TWRP.

Whenever I boot the phone I can enter my sim pin and get to the lockscreen. When I then swipe up the screen just turns black. When I long press the power button the shutdown and reboot options show up but other than that everything stays black.

If you have any idea on how to resolve this problem I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

edit:
When I just install the rom without restoring my TWRP backup the issue does not occur. So the issue probably lies in the backup. Is there anything I can try to successfully restore from the backup?

edit2:
First flashing the TWRP Backup and then flashing the Rom fixed the issue for me. Still seems a little odd to me.

If you have anything to add to this please let me know.

edit3:
Now everything works but I can not add my fingerprint or Screen Lock anymore.

Last edited: