Mi 8 with MIUI11 & Android 10 – Samsung smartwatch issue

SAngeli

Members
Mar 18, 2016
Hi,
I have a new Xiaomi Mi 8, unlocked, with latest stable xiaomi.eu rom.
I was lucky to find latest Android OS 10 and MIUI11 version handy.
File name: xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8_V11.0.5.0.QEACNXM_v11-10.zip
Release date: 2019-12-18
Please note I did a fresh clean install of OS.

I also have a Samsung Galaxy Active 2 stainless steel 44 mm smartwatch which is paired in Bluetooth with my Mi 8. The smartwatch is managed by Galaxy Wearable App + Samsung Plugin and Samsung Accessory Service.
Ref.: www.samsung.com/uk/wearables/galaxy-watch-active2-4g/SM-R825FSKABTU

Please note that previously, I was using a Xiaomi Mi 5s with Android 8 and MIUI11 and everything was working perfectly.

With Mi 8 everything has been working perfectly between smartphone and smartwatch until on December 24th, 2019 a new Xiaomi software update, a security update, became available on my smartphone.
File name: xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8_V11.0.5.0.QEACNXM_38a76d7785_v11-10.zip
Release date: 2019-12-24

Since this update was applied (I had to manually install it via Updated) I have been pulling my hairs from the desperation because now Smartphone and Smartwatch do not interact any longer. Phone calls works fine but Notifications and two other issues are still unresolved.
References in Italian (sorry but this is the native la language I speak)
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Wearables/Problema-notifiche-galaxy-active-2/td-p/1388268

The problem is related directly to this update I applied on December 24th, 2019

The only working solution I was able to find, on the Internet, is to add both Samsung Apps to other Permissions/System. It worked for 1 day but after I installed new watchcases and one App on the smartphone Notification stopped working again.

Is anyone in Xiaomi aware of this issue? What solutions do I have? I know that Samsung Galaxy smartwatch works fine. It is a Xiaomi software issue.

• How to notify developers so that they investigate on this? A lot of users (with different Xiaomi smartphones) are experiencing this issue.
  • How to find a temporary workaround?
  • Would I be able to apply original “xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8_V11.0.5.0.QEACNXM_v11-10.zip” install so I bring the smartphone back to day one? Will I be able to do so without compromising my smartphone?

Please let me kindly know….
Many thanks in advanced!

I have the same problem, its kind bored and disgusting, i dont know any solutions to fix that. Hope they will as soon as posible.

Same problem om Mi8se after android 10 update.. everithing works until phone restart and then notifications are gone.. only thing that works then is clear cache and data on Galaxy Wearable App + Samsung Plugin and Samsung Accessory Service but then I must set watch (S3 Frontier) as new.. until next phone restart

Same bad situation here.
Mi8lite and Gear S3.
Connected but only receive calls. No notification.
Clear cache.
Re installation software.
Allow all permissions

But...s**t.
Nothing has been changed.

I have a Samsung Sport watch and experiencing zero issues, using latest Xiaomi.EU Stable 11.0.7.0, and I have latest Magisk 20.4 stable build which was installed by using patchboot method. To go on, I am not experiencing any issues with anything. The only mod I am using is Energized Protection. I am using April 2020 version of Orange Fox Recovery.

In addition, Google Play Store is certified, and I am getting the best battery life that i have had since the phone was brand new which is approximately 10 hours SOT.