Resolved [MI 9 20.2.20] Gesture bar hide (Solved? in V2 by removing new animations)

paulo_1307_

Members
Feb 20, 2020
When you hide the gestures bar, the area it was supposed to stay becomes useless. Like, when typing it is really hard to press the space button.

Edit: Kind of solved in V2 by removing the new animations.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yes, same issue. What's strange is that this gesture bar was enabled by default after flashing while I had disabled it long time ago.

How to show the gesture bar then? My temporary fix is using SwiftKey, resize the keyboard and move a few pixels up. So the space won't overlap with gesture bar supposed location

Attachments

• IMG_20200222_161349.jpg
    IMG_20200222_161349.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 420
In the settings, go down to additional settings then fullscreen
Weird. Mine already on gesture since months ago. But never seen the gesture bar shown at the bottom before.

Attachments

• IMG_20200222_175315.jpg
    IMG_20200222_175315.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 470
Weird. Mine already on gesture since months ago. But never seen the gesture bar shown at the bottom before.
Same on my side (MIX 2S, 20.2.20), under "Full screen gestures", only two options: "Double check for the gestures", and "Go back to previous app". Besides, actually the bar doesn't show up.
An additional bug is that, if you switch to "Buttons" and then back to "Full screen gestures", the option "Go back to previous app" is no longer visible. Only by reopening the setting page it turns visible again.

Currently the bar only shows in the guide of "Switch between apps", which looks quite similar to the Pixel one.

------
OK, it turns out to be I'm using 3rd party launcher. It looks only available on the built-in launcher.
And also, the new transition animation requires the built-in launcher too.

Last edited:
Well it is solved already on the 20.2.20 v2 version, so maybe that's the reason.

Sent from my MI 9 Transparent Edition using Tapatalk