Mi 9.8.15 (re-upload) + TWRP 37

velqn

Members
Apr 3, 2019
Guys, I updated recovery on Mi 9 to TWRP 37 (supports Android Q encryption), flashed the re-uploaded 9.8.15 and phone boots now only in TWRP, seems no system, no 3 dots loading on Mi logo.

I tried:
1. Revered to TWRP 35 - pushed 9.8.15 trough ADB, still nothing - pushed the first version of 9.8.15

Seems like I need to format data, any other ideas?

hi, had the same issue when updated from 9.8.1 to latest 9.8.15.

fortunately it was a new Mi 9 without any personal data on it. i formated data in twrp and installed it again. worked.

But i am also searching for a solution to update to latest rom without loosing data :(

hi, had the same issue when updated from 9.8.1 to latest 9.8.15.

fortunately it was a new Mi 9 without any personal data on it. i formated data in twrp and installed it again. worked.

But i am also searching for a solution to update to latest rom without loosing data :(
Strange.. It should work without format.. That's the reason for new release of 37

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 9 met Tapatalk

Strange.. It should work without format.. That's the reason for new release of 37

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 9 met Tapatalk

yeah very strange... i will stay on 9.8.1 till there is a fix for that :D dont want to lose all my data.

thats the reason why i tested it on my dad`s factory new Mi 9 first :D

Reactions: marcel112
Guys, I updated recovery on Mi 9 to TWRP 37 (supports Android Q encryption), flashed the re-uploaded 9.8.15 and phone boots now only in TWRP, seems no system, no 3 dots loading on Mi logo.

I tried:
1. Revered to TWRP 35 - pushed 9.8.15 trough ADB, still nothing - pushed the first version of 9.8.15

Seems like I need to format data, any other ideas?
how did you make twrp update? (In twrp : install image?)

Envoyé de mon MI 9 en utilisant Tapatalk

Hi guys,
not being very expert… i wanted to understand if the following procedure is correct to update to 9.8.15 from 9.8.1, currently with TWRP (L.R. team 3.3.0-0523):
1 – Flash twrp (37 by M. Onofrio) using fastboot:
Boot into fastboot, fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
When finished, reboot with Volume+ & Powerbutton directly into Recovery (Held Vol+ and Power buttons at the same time... Not only Vol+.)

2 – Flash xiaomi.eu 9.8.15:
- transferred xiaomi.eu to internal storage ( mtp mode to permit transfer by usb-pc).
- wiped system, dalvik and cache.
- flashed xiaomi.eu zip, from internal storage
- reboot

Is it correct? or is a data format necessary, after flash rom?

Grazie mille

Hi guys,
not being very expert… i wanted to understand if the following procedure is correct to update to 9.8.15 from 9.8.1, currently with TWRP (L.R. team 3.3.0-0523):
When finished, reboot with Volume+ & Powerbutton directly into Recovery (Held Vol+ and Power buttons at the same time... Not only Vol+.)

- transferred xiaomi.eu to internal storage ( mtp mode to permit transfer by usb-pc).
- reboot

Grazie mille
It's correct no need to format data as it'll wipe all your data incl. all of your files.

Reactions: andrea g.
Hi guys,

- reboot

Grazie mille

yes, i did it exactly like this ended up with a bootloop into twrp... it was a completely new MI 9 without any data on it... try your luck :D

How can I not have the bootloop in the TWRP? any suggestions? format data is necessary after flash rom?
Sorry, but I'm a little confused ...

How can I not have the bootloop in the TWRP? any suggestions? format data is necessary after flash rom?
Sorry, but I'm a little confused ...

i think there is no way... a mayor update always require a clean flash.

so.. clean flash is:
wipe /cache /data, after flash TWRP? or format data??
and wipe/system?? xiaomi.eu strongly advises against it ..
grazie

i can tell you what i have done on my factory new MI9 after getting bootloop:

make sure you have latest twrp 37. if not: go into fastboot and flash it.

booting into twrp, then go to wipe -- format data -- type yes and then format. after that do not make a reboot!
go back into main menu and push your 9.8.15 rom to storage via adb (push rom.zip /storage)

then i installed the rom via twrp, cleaned cache and all was done :)

(keep in mind, thats may not the correct way to do it but it worked for me)

i can tell you what i have done on my factory new MI9 after getting bootloop:

make sure you have latest twrp 37. if not: go into fastboot and flash it.

booting into twrp, then go to wipe -- format data -- type yes and then format. after that do not make a reboot!
go back into main menu and push your 9.8.15 rom to storage via adb (push rom.zip /storage)

then i installed the rom via twrp, cleaned cache and all was done :)

(keep in mind, thats may not the correct way to do it but it worked for me)
Thanks a lot for your suggestions,
ciao
andrea

Reactions: ReeCorDs
Anyone experiencing force close on Titanium Backup on 9.8.15?

I flashed latest version, and magisk 19.3, open TB and give SU permition, all done but no apps appear on list.

When i relaunch TB, force close with this error.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-08-20-15-40-33-248_com.miui.bugreport.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-08-20-15-40-33-248_com.miui.bugreport.jpg
    631.5 KB · Views: 168
Hi guys, I flashed the 9.8.15 today.
I used TWRP 37 for this.
I flashed via USB OTG. After flashing I wiped the cache and dalvik-cache.
My Android system boots up.
The only thing that doesn't work is the DND function. Calls and messages are not displayed silently.

PS: I came from the version MIUI 10.5 9.8.1
BR
Xanten

Hi guys, I flashed the 9.8.15 today.
I used TWRP 37 for this.
I flashed via USB OTG. After flashing I wiped the cache and dalvik-cache.
My Android system boots up.
The only thing that doesn't work is the DND function. Calls and messages are not displayed silently.

PS: I came from the version MIUI 10.5 9.8.1
BR
Xanten
Have you had problems with the twrp flash? How did you proceed?
thanks bye