MI 9, internal storage empty..

If you did everything according to the instructions, you should not have any issue :p
Can you provide more details about when you encounter what issue?

Yeah ive probally ****ed up somewhere, unlocked the device, followed by the usb debugging etc, after that ive installed the twrp with no issues and then ive formated the storage, last time i could not copy the rom to my device for some reason so i gave up and went back to global, and this time it was simple showing the internal storage but it was empty, tried to format again but with no sucess, so i went back to global after following the guide on that link.
Honestly i never had issue with jailbreaking my Iphones in the past but for some reason even after searching for weeks on how to change the rom on my xiaomi i'm always struggling, to the point where i wont try again because im afraid im going to brick my phone.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yep, the same thing happened to me as well. Are you sure you didn't wipe the system?. For some reason, the phone doesn't have the necessary drivers for pc to connect its storage I guess. Or it might happen after you format data and reboot into recovery.