Mi 9 SE - Battery Drain

freshdombro

Members
Oct 27, 2019
Hello, I have huge problem with battery
I have xiaomi.eu MIUI 11.0.0.5 and battery is bad in my opinion, 3-4h of SOT.
Is it a way to get better battery life?

Hello, I have huge problem with battery
I have xiaomi.eu MIUI 11.0.0.5 and battery is bad in my opinion, 3-4h of SOT.
Is it a way to get better battery life?
Hello,

3-4 hours is "normal", depending on the conditions under which you use your phone. You have to keep in mind that the battery is not very big, that is the biggest weakness of the MI9SE.

Do you use Dark Mode? Is the brightness set higher than normal on your phone? How is the WLAN connection or do you use more the mobile connection?

How are the standby times at your place? Is AOD and FOD on? Wlan and BT search active in the background?

5h active screen time on average is normal for me. If I surf more and read a lot, there are more hours on the screen.

In some other threads I have already written what I have disabled to achieve higher times.
2-3 days without charging in between are possible for me.

One way to achieve the best battery life is to use the Global or EEA Stock ROM, root out all Google Apps and then use only the pure Xiaomi services.

The advantage of the Stock ROM is that the native apps such as the browser, gallery and music app are updated independently of the Playstore.

Reactions: freshdombro
Hello,

3-4 hours is "normal", depending on the conditions under which you use your phone. You have to keep in mind that the battery is not very big, that is the biggest weakness of the MI9SE.

Do you use Dark Mode? Is the brightness set higher than normal on your phone? How is the WLAN connection or do you use more the mobile connection?

How are the standby times at your place? Is AOD and FOD on? Wlan and BT search active in the background?

5h active screen time on average is normal for me. If I surf more and read a lot, there are more hours on the screen.

In some other threads I have already written what I have disabled to achieve higher times.
2-3 days without charging in between are possible for me.

One way to achieve the best battery life is to use the Global or EEA Stock ROM, root out all Google Apps and then use only the pure Xiaomi services.

The advantage of the Stock ROM is that the native apps such as the browser, gallery and music app are updated independently of the Playstore.

Okay, I installed MIUI 11.1 9.12.19 and battery is slightly better.
Can you give me advice what I can disable to get better battery?

Reactions: Rostzwiebel
Okay, I installed MIUI 11.1 9.12.19 and battery is slightly better.
Can you give me advice what I can disable to get better battery?
Of course,

I have deactivated the following things:

AOD (Always on Display)
FOD (Fingerprint on Display)
BT search and WLAN search in the background
GPS in energy saving mode (will be fully activated in use)
BT Basically off

Which is activated:
Dark Mode
WLAN in intelligent mode
MIUI Lab sleep analysis of the Smartphone
Faster start of the apps (AI)
VoLTE
VoWiFi
Clear Cache after 5min

They are only little things, but they make a big difference in the total sum. I don't use it actively very often, but I want it to consume little in standby. Currently through the holidays, my smartphone has reached half of it after 3 days.

Of course,

I have deactivated the following things:

AOD (Always on Display)
FOD (Fingerprint on Display)
BT search and WLAN search in the background
GPS in energy saving mode (will be fully activated in use)
BT Basically off

Which is activated:
Dark Mode
WLAN in intelligent mode
MIUI Lab sleep analysis of the Smartphone
Faster start of the apps (AI)
VoLTE
VoWiFi
Clear Cache after 5min

They are only little things, but they make a big difference in the total sum. I don't use it actively very often, but I want it to consume little in standby. Currently through the holidays, my smartphone has reached half of it after 3 days.

Okay, I turned some options off and I will see it will get better with battery.
Also I'm going to update MIUI to version 9.12.26
Do you think that beta version of MIUI 11 is the best in battery life, or another version is better?

Reactions: Rostzwiebel
Okay, I turned some options off and I will see it will get better with battery.
Also I'm going to update MIUI to version 9.12.26
Do you think that beta version of MIUI 11 is the best in battery life, or another version is better?
Hi,

So far I only use the stable xiaomi.eu version, not the beta.
Whether it is the better alternative, compared to Android 9, I can't say.

At some point the stable will also become Android 10. I would say that if everything has been optimized by then, it will probably have significantly better runtimes than under Android Pie.

But a comparison would be interesting now, how it works under beta. The MIUI Lab Deep Sleep Analysis needs a few cycles to detect when your smartphone has rest periods mostly and when not.

Use it for 2-4 days to be able to give an estimation. I don't know what your usage behavior is like during the day, but it must be able to stand at least the whole day, when used intensively.

Furthermore, it should be possible to use Dark Mode under Android 10 with MIUI 11, even system-wide, so also on third-party apps, if possible.