Invalid Mi 9 Won't let me turn the volume up!

argyfri

Members
Nov 9, 2020
I got a Mi 9 running MIUI Global 11.0.9. I had no complaints from my phone so far as it ran problem-free. Till today. So here's the deal. It won't let me turn the volume up. Either the phone just won't respond or when i actually succeed to turn the volume up, the bar automatically goes down all the way back to mute again. In addition to that, volume bar sometimes remains visible while i'm using the phone. Also, if I press the volume up button repeatedly, a bug report is generated which i will have attached to this post. Volume buttons and phone in general are in excellent shape. I rebooted it a couple of times but nothing changed. Also, every time i rebooted it, the phone tried to boot into android fastboot and basically got stuck there so I had to press Volume Up + Power Button to make it boot normally. I even tried factory reset but the problem remains. I will also have a recorded clip, showing the problem, attached. I hope someone can help me cause the phone is basically unusable right now. Thanks in advance.

Here's the link to the bug report and the clip: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13n2Daq-IgQ19MK3K7VeXCrhrw0MbzRPP?usp=sharing

Thank you for your reply. I think it's a hardware issue too although the volume buttons seem to be in perfect shape. I guess i'll have to let a technician take a look. Thank you!!