Mi Box 3 - WiFi connectivity issue / Google Assistant issue update info!

Aug 6, 2018
I finally managed WiFi disconnects. Just disabled WPA2 encryption and now connection seems to be stable.
Now I would need to setup separate SSID, hide it and enable only one mac address (mibox). Hopefully I use openwrt on my router so above setup is ready to do

Wysłane z mojego Mi-4c przy użyciu Tapatalka

Jun 7, 2018
I finally managed WiFi disconnects. Just disabled WPA2 encryption and now connection seems to be stable.
Now I would need to setup separate SSID, hide it and enable only one mac address (mibox). Hopefully I use openwrt on my router so above setup is ready to do

well done! try WPA-PSK TKIP first.

MarkHUK

Founder of Xiaomi.eu
Staff member
Nov 6, 2010
Reminder: STOP asking about non-relevant issues in this thread. If its a new issue make a thread or SEARCH to see if it exists already. I am just going to delete posts not relevant now if it continues.

Aug 4, 2018
Hello guys, i bought recently my MiBox3 and have updated it to Oreo from MM.

My WiFi is WPA2-AES MikroTik router and all is fine, no problems with the connection.

Watching 4K movies from youtube with no hiccups.

My TV is 4K, and my best config is 1080p/60Hz, RGB10BIT, SRD to HDR ON and HDR to SDR ON, very fluid and almost no tearing.

My issues are small, like:
- Need to pair the controller after resume from stand-by sometimes
- Notification about connection problems on resume from stand-by
- Netflix stops to work on Ultra HD, now only HD quality

I can't believe so small gadget can be so fun.

Thanks for this wonderful work!

IMG_20180811_004532.jpg

Aug 8, 2018

This can be vital in fixing the WiFi issue as a whole!

Mark if it's possible forward this info to Xiaomi. I tested it with creating hotspot both from a phone and laptop, didn't have any drops.

Jul 29, 2015
This can be vital in fixing the WiFi issue as a whole!

Mark if it's possible forward this info to Xiaomi. I tested it with creating hotspot both from a phone and laptop, didn't have any drops.
There is a bugfix build 2175 in internal testing addressing wifi issues. Not sure forcing users to forego wifi security would be acceptable in any circumstances.

Aug 8, 2018
There is a bugfix build 2175 in internal testing addressing wifi issues. Not sure forcing users to forego wifi security would be acceptable in any circumstances.
I do use 2175 and I still have disconnect issues, though way less than in 2174. And I did not say to force users to use WPA on their WIFIs, but that the issue could be in the code used for the adapter on the Mi Box, either the driver itself or the miscommunication between the device and the driver. By giving this info to the dev team, it could help them troubleshoot the issue easier.

Jul 1, 2018
Did you install it? Does it improve the over allows functionality? Do you recommend us to install or wait for a public release becouse this one is some 621mb so it's a major update I read that some guy got suck in recovery by installing this update , what do you recommend, did you try it yourself?

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk

Jul 28, 2018
Did you install it? Does it improve the over allows functionality? Do you recommend us to install or wait for a public release becouse this one is some 621mb so it's a major update I read that some guy got suck in recovery by installing this update , what do you recommend, did you try it yourself?

No I did not install it.

I just passed on the info , if somebody want to update , who already tried 2175

There was a solution for somebody stucked on recovery , check on Reddit again for solution.

Jul 23, 2018

Seems to fix several issues.