Mi Box 4k International - Nba League Pass Audio Sync Issue

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi TV' started by kaneelias, Jan 3, 2017.

1. kaneelias

kaneeliasMembers

Jan 3, 2017
    Male
    First off let me say I love this little box. The loading is much faster than my Roku stick and Plex and Archos Media Player absolutely fly.

I am noticing with NBA league pass that if I stream live games, the audio falls out of sync after a minute to the point where it gets to be almost 5 seconds slower than the video.

This is not a problem when playing back completed games. Is there anything I can check to try and fix this?

Thanks.

2. Scoflip

ScoflipMembers

Jan 24, 2017
    I'm having the same problem. Hopefully an update will fix the issue.

3. kaneelias

kaneeliasMembers

Jan 3, 2017
    Male
    Thanks for the confirmation. Nice to know this is not an isolated incident

4. Scoflip

ScoflipMembers

Jan 24, 2017
    right now I'm casting live games on my mobile device to the box. Is that your solution as well?

5. kaneelias

kaneeliasMembers

Jan 3, 2017
    Male
    I have actually reinstalled my Roku Stick and are streaming that way. Bypassing the box all together which is not ideal.

Hopefully this gets resolved soon as the whole reason I bought it was because the Android LP app is much better than on the Roku

6. Scoflip

ScoflipMembers

Jan 24, 2017
    what is the support e-mail for Xiaomi Mi Box international?

7. kaneelias

kaneeliasMembers

Jan 3, 2017
    Male
    Now I keep getting told that there is an update to the league pass app when I open it and it directs me to go to the playstore. When I do, the app is already up to date. This is pretty crap in my opinion

8. papadadfather

Apr 20, 2017
    Male
    Having trouble with the same issues. Anyone found a solution? Is there a way to install the normal NBA Android app?

9. miboy

miboyMembers

Jul 29, 2015
    Totally wipe the NBA app and re-install fresh version from Playstore.

May take care of it but I have similar problem with NBATV on my pc as well

10. Matteo Marinelli

Apr 23, 2017
    Male
    Fresh installed the application from the play store, I have the same issue after few seconds of playback.

Any solution??

11. papadadfather

Apr 20, 2017
    Male
    spmc and the NBA add-on on it work very smoothly for me. Can't choose national broadcasts currently though, just home and away.

12. miboy

miboyMembers

Jul 29, 2015
    Try the Kodi addon "ProSports" or Sports Devil.

MiBox is not the only Androidtv with this issue. Also applies to Nvidia Shield and Nexus player.

13. papadadfather

Apr 20, 2017
    Male
    #13papadadfather,Apr 25, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
    I actually bought a Shield TV as a replacement few days ago. The audio sync is way better on it with the official NBA app. It's still slightly off at times but never for several full seconds like on the Mi Box.

The default display mode on it for my TV is 1080p/59.94. It works pretty well. When I changed it to 1080p/60 is when I started having audio sync issues as severe as on the Mi Box.

I still have the Mi Box, if I can get NBA running smoothly on it I'll probably return the Shield TV as it was a lot more expensive. But the official app for sure works better on it.

14. papadadfather

Apr 20, 2017
    Male
    #14papadadfather,Apr 27, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    Update: the sync issues on the Shield TV are easily fixed when you just rewind/fast forward and back. Then it starts accumulating slowly again and you'll have to reset it again at some point. On the Mi Box the sync issues run deeper, they're there right after opening a game/stream and there's nothing you can do about them.

Writing this in here in case someone else finds it useful/interesting.

Would not buy a Mi Box to watch NBA if I had to do it again. In general if you plan on buying an Android TV device for watching NBA League Pass, you should really know what you are getting into. The official app only barely works and the user interface is awful. I mean really awful, even rewinding/fastforward is a hassle. When watching VODs sometimes if you as much as change to another app the NBA app will forget where you were in the game and take you right to the start and then you'll have to fastforward all the way back. Way the worst UI of all the NBA league pass options I've tried.

Kodi when it works is great. It also drops the stream regularly for me and right now I there isn't a way to open the national broadcasts - only Home/Away. Sometimes it simply doesn't work if NBA changed something on their end and you'll have to wait for an update. Not great when the playoffs are on and you really, really just want to watch the game. :)

15. Mr.Smith

Mr.SmithMembers

Oct 25, 2017
    Male
    Hey guys, is this still an issue on the newst xiaomi mi box?

I am currently researching for a streaming box/media player with the main goal to watch the NBA League Pass in Germany.

Ofc it should support Netflix, Amazon and so on as well

If the app has issues - can´t you stream it via a Web Browser like Chrome on a PC?
    Does any other box do that (Shield, Roku, Chromast Ultra can´t right?

Looking for support here :)

16. zeppos

zepposMembers

Nov 17, 2017
    Yes this is still an issue on the latest Xiaomi Mi Box. The NBA streams (live or archived) experience severe slowdowns and after a couple of minutes the audio is wayyyy off. At that point the slowdowns and stutter usually go away but the audio remains out of sync indefinitely. This would apply both when using the official app and streaming via chromecasting. On the other hand the Euroleague pass plays perfectly fine. Also the NBA retro games work OK too.

Trying to resync by fast forwarding works only for seconds, then the same problems begin all over again. Also the issue applies for both 1080p/50 and 1080p/60.

However I just found a workaround: I only needed to go to Xioami's Playback Settings and turn HDMI self-adaption to ON. This eliminates all audio issues. I'm still getting some occasional minor slowdowns every now and then but they're not really noticeable if you aren't paying too much attention. And the audio is fine for hours on end.

Now the problem remains with the app itself. In the past few days it's impossible to view any NBA archived stream, whenever trying to start one it exits with "content not available". Presumably this is not a Xiaomi issue but the fact that NBA's league pass app is really horrible. Even on platforms where it usually works fine (eg. Xbox One), the interface and usability are still horrendous.

17. Mr.Smith

Mr.SmithMembers

Oct 25, 2017
    Male
    @zeppos ; thx for your answer...

My problem right now is; i have the old amzon fire tv stick with kodi (not convenient) and the NBA is too fucked up to create a new app for my old PS3...even though they say and their website it works with PS3...but whateva.

As my main goal is to watch NBA League Pass...and Netflix/Amazon...i ain´t sure whether i wanna purchase the xiaomi box.

But are there any good alternatives?

PS: If you have futher advise, i´d be happy to also receive a personal message :)

18. zeppos

zepposMembers

Nov 17, 2017
    No idea really. There are the usual chinese Android TV boxes (myriads upon myriads) but the official app is essentially identical in all of them. You could consider buying Apple TV, although I'm not sure how well it works with Netflix/Amazon. Xioami Mi Box would be a great purchase imho if you can find it in a flash sale and buy it for less than $60-70. Of course you would have ot sacrifice a few things, like LAN and more than one USB ports, but you can always buy an adapter.

I can suggest an alternative to the NBA app, as the Android TV one is really crap. In the past few days the archived games don't work at all and throw a content not found error. So you can install Kodi and try the unofficial NBA addon (there's just one, easy to find) which has generally better streaming quality and works just fine in all boxes running Kodi.

Share Our Site