Mi Box 4k Netflix Problems

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi TV' started by kabauterman, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Leanmatias

LeanmatiasMembers

Mar 12, 2017
    Male
    yo tenia el problema que a los 20 segundos se cortaba la transmisiĆ³n y con esta versiĆ³n lo solucione

2. miboy

miboyMembers

Jul 29, 2015
    I take great pleasure in saying "I TOLD YOU SO!!!

3. dr_pepper

dr_pepperMembers

Jan 24, 2017
    Male
    How so. tell me anywhere that this box says an HDCP 2.2 compliant 4k tv is a requirement. Show me. How about I told you so.

4. miboy

miboyMembers

Jul 29, 2015
    Thanks for validating my point that you are indeed a recalcitrant dip$shit

Dave Deluria likes this.
  5. dr_pepper

dr_pepperMembers

Jan 24, 2017
    Male
    Over and out a$$wipe. I'm pretty sure you proved mine. Thats some pretty important crap to leave off the packaging or requirements information "to make this 69$ streamer work, you will need to invest in a 4k television". lol Thanks for telling people to "check their cables" and to "keep trying tv's". Cause that was so helpful jackazz

6. dr_pepper

dr_pepperMembers

Jan 24, 2017
    Male
    So I got a second mibox. Same tv, used the cable from the first..........and guess what - it works out of box. So one mibox works, the other doesn't. The one that doesn't - works if you put a 4k hdcp 2.2 splitter on it.

So what do you think miboy - is that still something other than the mibox that's the problem.?!?!?! Clearly not. Earlier run versions obviously have a problem with non 4k TV's

7. Hammerstein

Jul 13, 2017
    Male
    Just read this whole thread and dr_pepper can't come anywhere near miboy's obvious knowledge on the subject. He's so far up his own bum he can't see the need to apologise like an adult.

The whole thing is hilarious but so often seen on technical forums around the Web.

8. miboy

miboyMembers

Jul 29, 2015
    Check your PMs

9. miboy

miboyMembers

Jul 29, 2015
    Glad you enjoyed our little logic exercise. Funny thing is I don't even use Netflix. Even without claiming 30 years of IT experience, a small dose of wireshark analysis made it obvious, using a family members Netflix credentials, that the Mibox is just passively reporting the responses requested by the Netflix servers.
    Once Netflix gets a back channel response that requisite DRM security is not provided, it shuts off the stream. That is what accounts for the 20 second lag many people report. Netflix wants to send the highest res stream but without proper response from the display device, it shuts down.

It is indeed a shame Netflix error message is so non-specific and lead to wildly exotic, illogical interpretations.

Xiaomi 'tech support' are so unfailingly polite they never place the blame exactly where it belongs, with the TV, AV receiver or projector that has faulty or non-existent DRM, specifically HDCP conformity. Same goes for Netflix, who totally lacks a clue as to the nature of the problem and does not explain they are the genesis of the problem. Poor Xiaomi takes the heat for simply creating a box that does EXACTLY what Netflix demands......tell us if the stream we are sending has been compromised by lack of DRM security.

Sorry for the rant, but I thought you would enjoy some background details.

Later

MiBoy

Hammerstein likes this.
  10. oerli

oerliMembers

Jul 14, 2017
    I have 2 mi boxes which do not play netflix 4k, still investigating.
    Philips UHD TV directly connected to Mi Box
    Max screen setting available is 4k2 30fps, so this is what I set the box to.
    DRM Info app says hdcp 2.2, does that mean the whole chain box-cable-tv or only the box is reported?

Latest update, factory reset all done.
    I tried to find the test pattern content on netflix that where mentioned in the post, but cannot find it.

Anything else I can try, any tips?

11. miboy

miboyMembers

Jul 29, 2015
    DRMINFO queries the device connected to your MiBox. Do you have the proper Netflix subscription level? Do you have suitable bandwidth to support 4K Netflix streams. Try using a different HDMI cable and/or a different port on your TV.

If your TV was reporting correctly its proper resolution, the MiBox would automatically sense that. Since you had to select the 4K 30fps manually, that point to some inconsistencies with your TV..

There are 12 videos produced by Netflix in the series named "Test Pattern". They show in the search with the Red Netflix logo.

BTW, Philips ranks 3rd most likely to have erratic HDMI port behavior, after only Heier and Insignia brand TVs.

Hope you can get it sorted.

12. oerli

oerliMembers

Jul 14, 2017
    It's the TV indeed, apparently no hvec support built in. Crap.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5X met Tapatalk

13. miboy

miboyMembers

Jul 29, 2015
    Sorry to hear that. There are some hdmi splitter/switches that will trick Netflix it is connected to a HDCP compliant device.

Several switches have been cited as working within this forum. Take a look around. Good luck

14. shemsha

shemshaMembers

Sep 17, 2015
    Male
    Trying here as well as in a separate thread.
    oerli, I just saw in a separate thread that you mention that "You can connect mi box with spdif to receiver. This setup works for me."
    A few days ago I noticed that when I do this setup, somehow 4K streaming stops working for me. The indicator goes to 25% and goes nowhere.
    Any chance you have the same issue I saw, that 4K streaming fails for me when the MiBox outputs SPDIF?
    Can you try to set the audio to HDMI, remove the SPDIF, remove the power cord, connect it again and try?

Share Our Site