Mi Box And Universal Learning Remote

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi TV' started by brucehvn, Oct 5, 2015.

1. brucehvn

brucehvnMembers

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    My wife just got a Mi Box (I think it's version 4). We use a Home Theater Master MX-500 Universal learning remote to control all our home theater components. I've tried to program in the functions of the Mi Box, but while the MX-500 says it's successful in learning each button, when I try to use it later, the Mi Box does not respond to any of the buttons from the universal remote. I've used this remote for many years through many different components and I've never had a problem with it learning from the other device remotes before.

While I've changed the Mi settings to get the English UI, there are several areas that are still only in Chinese. Is there something else I need to do to use a different remote control? Is there something different about how the Mi Box does IR commands? I really don't want her to have to use 2 remotes to watch this thing.

2. brucehvn

brucehvnMembers

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    This is still a problem. Any ideas?

3. Doc604

Doc604Members

Jul 5, 2015
    Male
    Il telecomando di mibox e bluethoot no ir

4. brucehvn

brucehvnMembers

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    I'm pretty sure the remote on our box is an IR remote, not bluetooth, unless it's some kind of combination of the two. As I said, the MX-500 gives me the "OK" every time I program one of the buttons meaning it received the IR code and stored it successfully.

5. miboy

miboyMembers

Jul 29, 2015
    To get a proper answer, please specify the exact model number printed on your Mibox. If it is a white cube or a black MDZ-16-aa forget using IR remote as these boxes are strictly Bluetooth. Other models have IR capability.
    No model reacts any differently, regardless of language settings.
    You will always have some Chinese intruding even though you switched the menu to English.

6. brucehvn

brucehvnMembers

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    I'm attaching some photos of the bottom label on the box, the remote, and I captured the remote sending an ir command which shows the ir transmitter lighting up.
    DSC_0552.jpgDSC_0553.jpgDSC_0554.jpg

7. miboy

miboyMembers

Jul 29, 2015
    You have a mibox generation 3 (sometimes incorrectly referred as MiBox 3, which is actually a generation 5!)
    This remote is most definitely working in the IR spectrum).
    Take it from there...

Share Our Site