Mi Box Doesn't Play Youtube Videos

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi TV' started by MO Hamoud, Feb 4, 2018.

1. MO Hamoud

MO HamoudMembers

Feb 4, 2018
    Male
    i bought new mi tv box but doesn't play YouTube videos
    i mad all classic things like update apps software
    rest agine but the problem stil exist
    u can see the viedo ..

2. skyjuice

skyjuiceMembers

Feb 4, 2018
    Are you using Android TV version. Understand other version won't play

3. elTorres

elTorresMembers

Aug 15, 2017
    Have you updated to latest Nougat beta?
    If yes, that is the problem.

Enviado desde mi LG-D802 mediante Tapatalk

Lifeisfun likes this.
  4. MO Hamoud

MO HamoudMembers

Feb 4, 2018
    Male
    #4MO Hamoud,Feb 5, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    yes i updated to last version < can u give me To which version should I upgrade the device

this is my version

[​IMG]

5. MO Hamoud

MO HamoudMembers

Feb 4, 2018
    Male
    mi tv box

6. skyjuice

skyjuiceMembers

Feb 4, 2018
    Think Xiaomi TV or TV box don't like any other OS or rooting. It was reported that 90% of TV or TV box will have problem after upgrading to latest OS from the factory.. better turn off the auto upgrade feature if have OS that is not native to TV or TV boxes..

7. flipside

flipsideMembers

Aug 13, 2017
    Male
    whats the source of this 90% report please

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

8. skyjuice

skyjuiceMembers

Feb 4, 2018
    Read this from a Chinese Forum. Understand Xiaomi TV can maintain 2 OS; one new and one old. One can use its recovery mode to recover the old one. If the rooting software wipe off the 2 OS, the only way to recover is to re-root.

http://m.qudong.com/article/1022831

9. Igor Sepulveda

Feb 9, 2018
    Male
    Well i have the same problem is very frustrating. I need a solution or im gonna burn the mi box

10. skyjuice

skyjuiceMembers

Feb 4, 2018
    But the risk can still be there to wipe out the 2 OS during a rooting because not every rooting process is successful.

11. skyjuice

skyjuiceMembers

Feb 4, 2018
    #11skyjuice,Feb 11, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  12. Bruno Correa

Feb 11, 2018
    Male
    I have same thing, yesterday all was ok, today no video will play... i did not install anything manually, tries cleaning app data, uninstalled updates from it, but still only see the error in all videos...

13. skyjuice

skyjuiceMembers

Feb 4, 2018
    Have you tried doing a deep clean, killing all the big files etc? Also try to clean using steps in the recovery mode which will clean the caches and memory data before any program could start to protect its data. Unfortunately, it is equivalent to a factory reset. Clearing the data will wipe out APK not native to the TV or TV box

http://skyjuiceiswater.blogspot.sg/2018/02/xiaomi-tv-factory-reset-and-recovery.html

14. miboy

miboyMembers

Jul 29, 2015
    You do realize this information is absolutely meaningless to owners of MDZ-16-AB. This is an official AndroidTV box and is, unlike every other Mi TV device, specifically designed to be used outside PRC. Please don't conflate the devices that use China-centric GITV with the official AndroidTV devices. They are very different and nothing in common as far as troubleshooting methods.
    You are confusing the OP.

15. Bruno Correa

Feb 11, 2018
    Male
    thx for help, in my case, reading this post i learnt the hold power and reboot and now it is working, but sadly im just waiting for the next time it will stop...

16. miboy

miboyMembers

Jul 29, 2015
    There is a newly released stock MM firmware, build 1901 available at this link:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/an...omi-mdz-16-ab-mm-androidtv-6-upgrade-t3744248

It is still MM so you should be able to switch back to other MM builds without complications.

17. skyjuice

skyjuiceMembers

Feb 4, 2018
    #17skyjuice,Feb 13, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    Understand the new xiaomi TV box also has 2 OS. As Xiaomi TV box has many versions. Note sure if your MDZ-16-AB have 2 OS. Not sure why the overseas version does not have 2 OS.. the new and the old OS stored in the ROM. May be MDZ-16-AB is the version 1?

http://www.shafa.com/articles/zCq9eXlihXJJbmsL.html

http://bbs.xiaomi.cn/t-13376192

18. miboy

miboyMembers

Jul 29, 2015
    Friend:
    I know you are sincerely trying to be helpful but your understanding of the unique features of MDZ-16-AB is lacking.

All Miboxes are NOT created equal!!!!!!

The MDZ-16-AB is the ONLY model of Xiaomi tv box that is specifically designed for the international user. It comes installed with official ANDROIDTV 6 installed.
    This is quite a different OS from the crippled GITV used by Xiaomi in every other MiBox.

Even though the MDZ-16-AB has the same physical form factor as other Xiaomi models, its software is not related in any way, shape or form to GITV.

Chinese standards enforced by central government regulations do not apply to international customers.

Here are some stark software differences:

Xiaomi had full cooperation from Google and met all their licensing requirements to allow use of Google's unique OS ANDROIDTV.
    This OS is specifically designed for using with big screen tvs usually found in the living room. It is not limited as the android forks used on phones and tablets using touch screens.

All features of apps developed for official AndroidTV can be used and navigated with a simple handheld remote control

Full range of international language support, without needing mods
    Google Play Services and full access for Google Play Store is fully integrated native feature.
    DRM digital security is fully implemented to allow access to video services like Netflix, Youtube, Hulu and a growing number of other services that verify based on DRM licenses.
    The Amlogic S905x-h was designed to specifically have support for the DRM schemes and video decoding ability to support them.

These are just a few of the unique software aspects that apply exclusively to model MDZ-16-AB.

Please do not assume all Xiaomi boxes operate in the same fashion. There is a big difference with MDZ-16-AB and every other Xiaomi MiBox model

19. skyjuice

skyjuiceMembers

Feb 4, 2018
    It is a pity that the International version do away with the 2 OS system. There are obvious advantages having 2 OS, one operating and the other standby especially when the TV or box is put under automatic upgrading mode.

20. Igor Sepulveda

Feb 9, 2018
    Male
    This is the answer of the customer support dpment:

Hi,

Greetings from Xiaomi!

Thank you for writing us. I'll be glad to assist you.

I understand that you are facing issue while using YouTube as some video play and some doesn't.

Also, would request you to follow the below mentioned steps.

For Application :-

1. Go to “Settings”
    2. Select ”Device”
    3. Select ”Apps”
    4. Tap on the target app
    5. Choose “Clear Data”
    Or,

1. Un-install the targeted application
    2. Then reinstall the same

If the issue persists, kindly follow the below mentioned steps.

For Factory Data Reset :-

1. Go to Settings
    2. Select Devices
    3. Select Storage and Reset
    4. Select Factory Data Reset in order to resolve this issue

For Update :-

1. Go to Settings
    2. Select About
    3. Select System Update and update your Mi Box

Please write us back if you have any further assistance. We'll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you for being a valued customer. Have a great day ahead!

Best Regards,

Naushin

Xiaomi Customer Support

21. porro

porroMembers

Thursday
    Male
    Hello all,

I have the same problem and I tried even additional things.

I reset Google announcement ID but no luck.
    I noticed 2 points:

1 advertising before video play is less than phone YouTube app and often,when video is not starting, seems that it is trying to load advertising video instead of selected one

2 sometimes, if you try to change video resolution several times, eventually it starts (I believe that if you try 3 4 times to switch other resultions, normally YouTube app quit the advertising video.

Anyway, did someone got a final solution?

Bye

Marco