Mi Box Enhanced: How To Enlarge Internal Sd?

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi TV' started by grasman, Feb 14, 2015.

1. grasman

grasmanMembers

Jun 28, 2014
    Male
    Hey guys,

I have Kodi (XBMC) installed on my Mi box enhanced (4K, 2GB ram). It uses about 1GB of the internal SD for userdata, which leaves almost no free memory.

Since I also want to install some games, I've tried to enlarge the internal SD by trying to move data to the external SD. I've used:
    * Link2SD: works, but not possible to move data from internal sd to external sd, so useless in this case...
    * Mount2SD: not working, shows external SD as not mounted
    * Internal 2 External: not working at all
    * Foldermount: not working
    * manually editting vold.fstab: not working, no sdcard line

Did anybody try to solve this problem with success and how?

Thanks!

2. grasman

grasmanMembers

Jun 28, 2014
    Male
    I've found a way. I'll document it later.

3. su nguyen

su nguyenMembers

Nov 28, 2014
    Male
    Hanoi, Vietnam
    Hello, any update pls

4. grasman

grasmanMembers

Jun 28, 2014
    Male
    I've managed to solve the problem with Xposed Framework. The module OBB on SD works: this module enables you to use the external SD card to store the obb folder. If you also want to move the data-folder, you can use module XInternalSD. Be aware that only version 2.1 of that module works. The box enters a boot loop with newer versions.

Also very important: make sure the option "Save apps to SD card" in the Xiaomi General Settings is off when installing Xposed Framework and modules! Otherwise, Xposed Framework can't locate it's modules and the box hangs when booting.

With these tools, you can easily play large games and install many programs on the Mi Box!

5. Xterminater07

Jan 4, 2015
    grasman, have you tried this on the games like modern combat 5 with cracked obb?

6. pwfidel

pwfidelMembers

Jul 31, 2014
    Male
    Can you make a "how-to-do-for-a-newbie" guide? With this issue solved, and it will perfect for my use.

7. Can you please explain in steps what you did? I have rooted MiBox Enhanced with Xposed Framework installed and 64 GB Micro SD. When I try to install apps on SD they disappear after MiBox restart. I'm unable to install large games like GTA, Asphalt... I haven't played with Xposed for installing apps on external SD. Please also mention what kind of SD do you have. I think mine is slow. Thank you forward!

8. Anondo Wicaksono

Dec 3, 2014
    Male
    foldermount is working fine with redmi note, ive use it to move bigs obb game files to external. it auto reconnect when reboots. its sufficient for me.

9. Arnis

ArnisMembers

Mar 17, 2013
    Male
    ok,
    to swap primary memory with external SDcard
    so go to:
    -Settings
    -Abaut MediaBox
    click like 8 times on -Build number (that will enable developer options)
    step back and choose -Developer options
    scroll down to -Primary SD Card Settings (and choose what is best for YOu)

thats all

10. ted K

ted KMembers

Feb 15, 2017
    Male
    Hello I tried this and when in developer mode i can not see the primary SD setting.. i just bought this Jan 2017, look like im looking at old replays.. Ive added a very fast 64 flash drive and it wont move the apps to it..

thanks

Share Our Site