Mi Box Mdz-16-ab - Firmware V.6.0.1.-1901

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi TV' started by mamachan, Feb 13, 2018.

1. mamachan

mamachanMembers

Feb 8, 2018
    Male
    What are the differences in firmware 6.0.1.-1901 compared to 6.0.1.-1304?

Is it recommended to install the latest version?

Thanks

2. miboy

miboyMembers

Jul 29, 2015
    All my machines are upgraded to Nougat so I have not been able to try the 1901 version of MM.

Normally, there is no problem testing various builds of Xiaomi firmware as long as they are the same version of AndroidTV.

Only complication is upgrading to Nougat (AndroidTV 7) and then deciding to revert to MM (AndroidTV 6)

Are you experiencing any specific problems with your current firmware level? 1901 notes it is a 'bug fix' release for MM.

3. manson.reznor

Feb 13, 2018
    Male
    Hi,

I want to know the changelog of the 1901 update. On others sites, no feedback about it.
    Also, this update is non ota for me...

This update is not a good news for us, nougat seems to be never release, just MM updates :(

4. miboy

miboyMembers

Jul 29, 2015
    Changelog simply states "bug fixes". It is MM only
    What problems are you having?
    Give it a try, you can easily roll back

5. manson.reznor

Feb 13, 2018
    Male
    #5manson.reznor,Feb 14, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    Sorry, no. I'm not a beta tester ;)
    I know the problems around this tiny box. I don't want to spend my time rolling back to previous version if there's problems...
    Also it's strange that this version is non ota. If this release is official from ota, i will install it.

On my Mibox, i don't have more problems than others users.

Issue with my box : auto frame rate / no HDR on Netflix / Amazon Prime issues and bad HDR to SDR conversion. And no HDR with Youtube
    Also i noticed strange colors saturations with deep colors on (BT2020) in 4K.

Except those issues - all is fine. Kodi works nice in HDR with Atmos and DTS-X.

6. miboy

miboyMembers

Jul 29, 2015
    Again, moving between different of builds on MM is simply a matter of flashing update.zip file via normal recovery.
    Reverting from Nougat to MM can be hairy and tedious but can succeed, provided you are meticulously attentive to all details

All my personal miboxes are registered in beta program so I normally only get Nougat betas via ota

I did receive this MM build 1901 from usual Xiaomi servers. I think they sent it to me by mistake.

Suggest you give it a shot. Easy enough to roll back. I have no idea what are the actual implications of 1901...

Not likely to resolve afr issue.
    HDR Netflix is available in some Nougat builds but introduced Youtube issues.

Amazon prime is hit or miss and requires sideload of correct version designed for Sony or Nvidia shield
    HDR Youtube is not available on ANY AndroidTV platform at this time

7. mamachan

mamachanMembers

Feb 8, 2018
    Male
    No, i don't have specific problem, only usual issues.

I'd like to know what problems were solved with 1901.

8. mamachan

mamachanMembers

Feb 8, 2018
    Male
    i use old v. 4.2.43 for nvidia shield and works perfectly on MI

9. d4rk1

d4rk1Members

Dec 29, 2017
    Where did you found 1901 fw?

10. mamachan

mamachanMembers

Feb 8, 2018