Mi Box Youtube Not Playing Videos

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi TV' started by Popixi, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Popixi

PopixiMembers

Sep 30, 2017
    Male
    I have strange problem with my YouTube app, almost every second video is not playing.... it seems like there is no rule which one is problematic, it happens randomly and often. It just stucks at loading spinner and won't play. It makes youtube app unusable, all other apps are working perfectly.

Anyone else has the same problem?

2. miboy

miboyMembers

Jul 29, 2015
    Please state which firmware version/build is installed?

3. Popixi

PopixiMembers

Sep 30, 2017
    Male
    Model MDZ-16-AB, Android 6, compilation: once-user 6.0.1 MOB31Z 1304

4. Rhayes

RhayesMembers

Oct 22, 2016
    Male
    I have seen this you can fix it by clearing the youtube cash then uninstall updates to youtube reboot play yourube once then update back to newer version it appears that somthing get corrupt during one of the updates to the youtune app.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

5. Popixi

PopixiMembers

Sep 30, 2017
    Male
    Tried suggested but with no luck, situation is the same. YouTube app randomly doesn't play videos...

6. Popixi

PopixiMembers

Sep 30, 2017
    Male
    Any other suggestion? It's quite frustrating not managing to watch YouTube on official Android device.... could it be that I have some hardware issue?

I haven't seen any problem on other apps, but on the other hand YouTube is maybe specific somehow...it's strange that it plays sometimes, but rarely, more often it gets stucked on video loading. And also, there is no pattern that I can notice, sometime it plays the same video and sometimes it doesn't.

7. Rhayes

RhayesMembers

Oct 22, 2016
    Male
    Just guessing here since the original suggestion did not work it could be somthing with you router and dns try to set a manual dns in your router such as 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 witch are google dns reboot mibox and see if that smooths things out.
    I had problems with youtube not playing videos and the solution in the first post fixed it for me.
    I dont think it is hardware as a last resort you can always try a factory rest witch is what i recommends if you mibox has done a system update.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

8. madlive

madliveMembers

Sep 28, 2017
    Male
    Same problem here,trying to see if upgrading to one of the Android 7 beta versions will resolve the issue.

9. miboy

miboyMembers

Jul 29, 2015
    Please limit yourself to Nougat Beta build 1028 or below as build 1035 has definite problem with VP9 codec used almost exclusively by Youtube

madlive likes this.
  10. madlive

madliveMembers

Sep 28, 2017
    Male
    Thanks, did that and unfortunately the issue still isn't solved.

11. Greg-ka

Greg-kaMembers

Oct 3, 2017
    Male
    #11Greg-ka,Oct 3, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    I have the same probleme with my Mi box:

12. Popixi

PopixiMembers

Sep 30, 2017
    Male
    @Greg-ka , yes, your problem seems the same as on my device, video is normally playing on my other devices connected to the same network, but from some reason on Mi Box is not working...

@Rhayes I didn't managed to switch DNS on my router since I have one with factory default settings of my ADSL Internet provider, but I really doubt that this is the reason behind the problem since my other devices are playing youtube normally connected to the same network. I even tried to connect the device on my mobile phone network using mobile phone as hotspot , and outcome is the same.... also factory reset of mi box didn't helped.

Since there are more of us with the same problem, I guess that there is some more general problem behind this. I am running out of ideas, any other advice would be highly appreciated.

13. Greg-ka

Greg-kaMembers

Oct 3, 2017
    Male
    I have change my dns and uninstall updates to youtube, but nothing works. It's very strange!!

14. coolazga

coolazgaMembers

Oct 25, 2017
    hi, any solutions for this?

Envoyé de mon F5321 en utilisant Tapatalk

15. H3llK33p3r

H3llK33p3rMembers

Dec 20, 2017
    Male
    Same problem for me and I still haven't a solution. The problem seems to be random... a same video can block and the day after starts without any issue...

16. coolazga

coolazgaMembers

Oct 25, 2017
    which your firmware

17. Tetzi

TetziMembers

Jan 5, 2016
    Male
    The same problem with my mi box

18. H3llK33p3r

H3llK33p3rMembers

Dec 20, 2017
    Male
    @coolazga , Build : once-user 6.0.1 MOB31Z 1304

Seems I found a "workaround" each time I have the probleme yesterday by clicking on next video, and after previous one the blocked video started...

coolazga likes this.
  19. delidolu64

delidolu64Members

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    Benim mi kutusunda aynı problem

20. czajaaa

czajaaaMembers

Dec 29, 2017
    Male
    I've just bought mi box, updated software and have the same problem. Problems already from the beginning :(

21. coolazga

coolazgaMembers

Oct 25, 2017
    we have to do a competition to puh xiaomi to wokr on a new update

22. alton987

alton987Members

Mar 30, 2011
    I tried everything (Frimware\DNS\Clearing Cache\Resotring), only exchanging my MiBox for another fixed the issue. This is some weird hardware issue.

23. Matevz B

Matevz BMembers

Dec 31, 2017
    Male
    Hello new mi box owner here. I bought mi box for youtube and kodi and youtube does not work, from beggining. I think we all deserve to get info from xiaomi what the problem is since it is clearly a general problem and when can we expect them to resolve this issue. Do old system versions work ok?

Please let us know what Xiaomi is doing about this problem?
    Tnx

24. konsmal

konsmalMembers

Jan 17, 2018
    Male
    What is happening with that s....!!! Its absolutely ridiculous to buy a Tv Box that doesnt manage to play YOU TUBE(???) and so many users, waiting so long for a solution. Xiaomi seems a huge dissapointment after all.

H3llK33p3r likes this.
  25. alton987

alton987Members

Mar 30, 2011
    I also forgot to add I already had a MiBox that worked fine on Youtube. It was only my 2nd box that had the issue. This is some weird hardware bug.