Mi Box

Jul 6, 2018
Same here! Hope the Oreo Fix OTA comes soon, actually my mi box is like a paperweight.

Mark, have u some new information about the release date?

Greetings from Germany.

Jul 6, 2018
I guess there gonna test the new update, in the closed beta group, for a few days now and then we all gonna get it. I guess there make sure now, that everything there fixed so far, works fine, before there gonna bring it out to soon, even there said we all gonna get it this week . Let's better wait a few more days instead of it's getting worse, i would say. ;)

Jul 6, 2018
The fixes are the same as from the first round Internal BETA

Fix some Critical issues

1. USB Flash drive support for NTFS/ExFAT partitions
2. Improve HDMI compatibility to fix some issues with no audio / black screen
3. Enable USB camera
4. Update Android security patch to May 5th 2018 build.

Those are fixed so far, more are coming.

miboy

Members
Jul 29, 2015
There are still some mibox issues that need fixing. The most annoying at the moment is the periodical freezing of video.

Anyone else still getting this? Is there a fix part 2 still on the way?
There is evidence that by applying build 2175 patch for Wifi performance may have a salubrious effect on general video stability.

Jun 28, 2018
I am making a unsubstantiated guess that this is due to wifi stream loss..
No, there is no buffering animation. I don't have the fastest internet connection so I am well accustomed to seeing that from time to time. This is very different. It is a pause of the video for 2-5 seconds while (in some cases) the audio continues. Then the video unfreezes and speeds up to catch the audio.

Jul 18, 2018
No, there is no buffering animation. I don't have the fastest internet connection so I am well accustomed to seeing that from time to time. This is very different. It is a pause of the video for 2-5 seconds while (in some cases) the audio continues. Then the video unfreezes and speeds up to catch the audio.

Ahh... OK.. I have also seen my boxes (more on the menu / app handling stage) sort of pause.. hang.. then a whole bunch of delayed remote inputs will cascade through.. which is behaviour I would suspect could be similar causes.