Mi Box3 Wifi Issues

• Thread starter Deleted member 179872
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 179872

Hi!
I have a Mi Box3 with 1st July Update. I have router asus AC-53. The Mi box doesnt work with 5ghz Wifi and its conect to 2,4 Ghz. If i conect to 5 ghz wifi and try to use youtube, netflix or another video streaming app its works 10-15 minutes. Then the video stops, never load and I must restart the interface or even the mi box. I have an Ipad and mi mobile phone conect to wifi 5ghz and works perfectly.
I tried everything:
- stactic and dynamic IP
- factory restart
- change wifi channel.
Before the update did not work either

Sorry for my bad English..

Aug 6, 2017
i got the same issue after this july update.
try to factory reset and reinstall everything, it looks ok now.

didn't see anything improved from this update, if you haven't done it, stay.

Jun 14, 2016
Hi

I've the same problem (Asus RT-AC68 router).
Factory reset of my MiBox3 didn't fix the problem either.
I've got the same problem with 2.4 Ghz Wi-Fi and even when using an usb to ethernet adapter.

EDIT : Finally another factory fixed the problem, 5 Ghz Wi-Fi works fine now.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2017
I have also problems with wifi.
At the beginning for couple of minutes wifi works fine but after that I got 0-2 MBPS.
I have tplink router, working with 2.4ghz.

I try:
- StaticIP
- factory reset
- Updating to 7.0 beta
- reset router
- switching router channels(btw channel bigger then 11 MiBox cant see them)
- disable WMM on router
- disable security on router
- change router firmware to openwrt
- reset modem
- replace router

Need more? Nothing works. :(

Aug 22, 2017
Dudes. Please help. After July 31 update my box wifi is crippled. Only getting 1Mbps down via speedtest. Any advice? All my other devices on wifi work perfectly

D

Deleted member 179872

Dudes. Please help. After July 31 update my box wifi is crippled. Only getting 1Mbps down via speedtest. Any advice? All my other devices on wifi work perfectly
Do you try a factory reset? I dont solve my problem anyway.

Aug 25, 2017
I have TP-Link router and I have the same issue, but I found one working "solution" for this problem:
I bought USB->Ethernet adapter and everything works like a charm.
Remember one thing before you buy adapter - buy with USB 3.0, because people that bought with 2.0 have problems with connection after bringing device back from sleep - they have to disconnect cable and connect again.
Personally I bought SHIRU Hub 3x USB3.0 + Gigabit Ethernet because I also use external air mouse&keyboard from Tronsmart (TSM-01) that needs one USB port.

Aug 5, 2017
I have TP-Link router and I have the same issue, but I found one working "solution" for this problem:
I bought USB->Ethernet adapter and everything works like a charm.
Remember one thing before you buy adapter - buy with USB 3.0, because people that bought with 2.0 have problems with connection after bringing device back from sleep - they have to disconnect cable and connect again.
Personally I bought SHIRU Hub 3x USB3.0 + Gigabit Ethernet because I also use external air mouse&keyboard from Tronsmart (TSM-01) that needs one USB port.
can you use full speed ethernet and all usb ports at the same time?

Aug 25, 2017
can you try to use one more usb port for usb flash drive and give us a feedback please? thanks in advance.
Unfortunately I don't have such devices. I don't know how it works in your country, but in mine when you buy something over Internet you can return it before X days without saying reason. If it works similar in yours you can test it by yourself.

Oct 1, 2017
Hi everyone, I have the same problem after july update; even spotify couldn't download at enough speed (it plays 5 sec, then buffers for 1 min, sometimes saying the box is offline).
Done a first factory reset, and everything worked good for a few days. Now I had to do a second factory reset, configured android using my pc and not my smartphone, installed only Netflix. I want to understand what is happening.

Jun 13, 2018
Loose internal antenna:

I got my new mibox with a defect, it barely catches the wifi signal and disconnects most of the time. I discovered by accident that the when I shake the device it connects. So I figured that the internal antenna is some how loose and I am asking for replacement.

Osama Alborbar
Gaza

Jul 29, 2015
Loose internal antenna:

I got my new mibox with a defect, it barely catches the wifi signal and disconnects most of the time. I discovered by accident that the when I shake the device it connects. So I figured that the internal antenna is some how loose and I am asking for replacement.

Osama Alborbar
Gaza

Jul 29, 2015
That would make sense but for the fact it has no internal antenna!!!!

Try adjusting the channel used by your 2.4 router or select 5g frequency if your router has that feature.

Jun 14, 2018
That would make sense but for the fact it has no internal antenna!!!!
Of course it does. If it had no antenna it wouldn't be able to receive and it certainly wouldn't be able to transmit. It may not be something many people would recognize as an antenna, but it has one. More than one if it's doing MIMO.

To the others:

FWIW: I'm running Build "once-user 6.0.1 MOB31Z 1901", Android security patch level "July 1, 2017" on both of my MiBox 3's. Both are connected via 5GHz. Access point is an Ubiquiti AP AC Pro. They each stream from a Silicon Dust HDHomeRun Connect Quatro network tuner for hours on end w/o issue. Watched a movie on Netflix on one of them a couple nights ago. Worked fine.

2.4GHz is not optimal for streaming video, IME and IMO. Too congested. Too susceptible to noise and other interference. Use it only as a last resort.

D

Deleted member 179872

With the Oreo update i can say that the problem is gone. I can connect via 5ghz and no problem.