New Mi Cloud: Can't sync gallery

darki

Members
May 3, 2016
For me with Mix 2 it's not possible to sync gallery anymore. I have this problem for two weeks. Actually I'm on 8.8.30.

Is this a general problem or am I the only one?
What can I do?

Problem solved with factory reset and changing rom to stable.

Last edited:
Same thing on my Mi8 SE. When I tap 'Download original' for a cloud image in gallery nothing happens.

However, when selecting an image for home screen background they were downloaded successfully.

Factory reset is definitely not a solution...

@ingbrzyAs I said I made a factory reset and installed 10.0.1.0 stable rom. I could notice that after that Mi Cloud has uploaded 200-300 photos. But bizarrely it's not possible for Mi Cloud to upload the remaining 15 photos. By changing from wlan to mobile data I could notice that mobile data will consumed. After second try I got the message "no connection to Mi Cloud", but my mobile speed is LTE (4G). The upload for these remaining photos won't finish, I don't know why.

I don't have reached the max storage for Mi Cloud.

Please help!

Same issue for days. Try to upload photos without success constantly (draining the battery).

I tried to erase data/cache from Gallery, Xiaomi Services, Mi cloud, but nothing change.

Same issue for days. Try to upload photos without success constantly (draining the battery).

I tried to erase data/cache from Gallery, Xiaomi Services, Mi cloud, but nothing change.

I had the same problem and only realised why my battery was draining when you said it!

I find a workaround that kind of solved it for me. (I have unlimited mobile data!)

I've allowed my phone to backup without WiFi. I switches off my WiFi when going to bed and woke up to all my pictures backed up!

Again not a solution but a workaround!

Settings> Mi account> Mi cloud> Gallery> Only use WiFi to backup photos and videos

UPDATE: after checking in details, some pictures and videos did backup but not all of them!

Last edited:
My Xiaomi Mi 5s cannot backup Gallery to Mi Cloud for couple of weeks either!

It backs up some Gallery items, but leaves the majority.

It is using 10,21GB out of 25,00GB, waiting for 450 to be synced.

Android version: 7.0 NRD90M
MUIU version: MIUI Global 9.6 | Stable 9.6.1.0(NAGMIFD)