Mi Flash: flash crclist error

mxxxt

Members
Apr 9, 2019
I'm trying to restore my Mi9 to the original state by flashing stock fastboot rom with Mi Flash.

But whatever I try to do I always get this error in MiFlash: "flash crclist error".
After that I can't boot to system, fastboot or twrp only.

Bootloader is unlocked.
I tried 3 different MiFlash versions.
Tried on 2 different computers.
Tried with latest EEA and Global roms.
Tried moving the stock rom to different folders on the computer etc...

Can't find any solution with google. Actually there is very few things written about this error.

Any idea what that could be and what else I can try?

Poslano z mojega MI 9 z uporabo Tapatalk

I was running official xiaomi global rom for a few days and tried replacing official recovery with official twrp but it would not stick. It went back to official recovery every time I reboot. Then I flashed vbmeta.img but my device bootlooped. So I tried flashing fastboot rom but got the same error as you.

What I did to solve it was I flashed xiaomi.eu, boot it up for the first time but I did not set it up. Then I rebooted to fastboot and flashed official rom. This time miflash did not give me any error and it booted up just fine.

I did not select flash all and lock. Just flash all.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Reactions: mxxxt
Extract the fastboot file to a folder with a shorter name - like your device codename. The path to the extracted file shouldn't be very long - like D\: Cepheus. And use usb 2.0 port.
Good luck
P.S. Try to relock the bootloader only to your original version - if the device is EEA flash only EEA rom - otherwise you will brick it

Reactions: mxxxt
Thanks, all is fine.

It was an archive extraction issue.
After I have extracted the tgz file with 7-zip I was able to flash the rom yesterday...

Reactions: ZayLinn
Hello. The main problem with the CRC failed on Xiaomi Flash tool is the Qualcomm USB driver missing and the Windows 10 driver signature reinforcement! After you will install Qualcomm driver, the issue will dissapear and the flash_all.bat script will function properly!

buenas, tengo un remdmi note 8 pro con el problema que me ha salido de el sistema esta corrupto, intento resetearlo, restablecerlo y con el miflash tool y nada no hay manera, me da el error que comentas flash crclist errror y no soy capaz, que puedo hacer? saludos

This is good advice (re the shorter filename - also does not like spaces in the filename, which hasn't been a problem on Windows in about 20 years!), was driving me crazy - the other thing you need to do (which I do by default now, is to create a folder called 'log' inside the MiFlash folder, otherwise it will throw up an error saying it can't write to the log. Hope this helps someone