New Mi Max 3 8.8.30 includes firmware-update adding Anti-rollback to devices!!!

omer919

Members
Nov 28, 2017
super mistake by xiaomi.eu adding firmware-update to the zip file making my phone anti-rollback protected...

@ingbrzy

Can we please get an official statement on the situation? We updated the phone to xiaomi.eu 8.8.30 and it was meant not to have anti-rollback or firmware-update but it does and now all of us are in the danger field of Anti-rollback...

Last edited:
According to the table list in the 8.8.30 topic, there are 4 devices with rollback protection. Max 3 is one of them. As far as I remember the ARB was there, before 8.8.30.

Probably, you didn't pay attention on this fact. Check the old relieses of the MiUI 10 and you'll see.

Maybe, it is not possible to remove ARB for these devices.

Best regards!

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
According to the table list in the 8.8.30 topic, there are 4 devices with rollback protection. Max 3 is one of them. As far as I remember the ARB was there, before 8.8.30.

Probably, you didn't pay attention on this fact. Check the old relieses of the MiUI 10 and you'll see.

Maybe, it is not possible to remove ARB for these devices.

Best regards!

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk
xiaomi.eu roms have not anti rollback protection. But omer919 said this version upgrade the firmware update. Maybe xiaomi.eu developers added something new feature on this firmware update. But I am guess they didn't add arb to 8.8.30. We will clearly understand when @ingbrzy answer on this topic.

Last edited:
Modem in mimax3 rom had major changes which breaks calls features if not installed.. So we had no choice... Same will be soon for other devices..

Reactions: cobben and hydelezz
no "getvar anti" = no ARB
1. Sad that we got it without being informed :(
2. on Mi Max 3 that thing never worked. the check is by looking at line 1480 of the file xbl.elf in hex editor. if it says .00000040000 you have anti-rollback, and ofcourse as I checked Mi Max 3 got it as well on this version.

I thank you for atleast doing this with good intentions and not by a mistake :(

Very unhappy about this! It should have been mention in the change log!

Why was it not mentioned?

Completely agree, of course it should have been mentioned.

Can Xiaomi.eu tell us how to handle this in the future if another bad release like the 8.8.23 (at least for me), happens ifor Mi Max 3 in say 3 months time, what are our options then?

Do we have to use a "Firmware-less ROM" like they post in this topic:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/an...vices-xiaomi-firmware-updater-t3741446/page34

Which also means we have to hope those guys keep providing those?

And what happens if we install an older ROM with firmware, is the phone dead without hope of fixing it? If it is fixable, how do you do it?

You can remove firmware folder yourself before downgrading.. Open zip and delete firmware folder..

Ok, do you have to do it without unzipping it with a software like PowerISO or can you just use 7-Zip to unpack it, remove the "firmware-update" folder and then ZIP it again?

A bunch of crybabies. First they want you to not include firmware files for newer ROMs, and then they come over to complain about malfunctions caused by outdated firmware (like the call feature). Seriously, people, you should have stayed on stable MIUI 9, that could have avoided all this headache.

Reactions: cubick and ingbrzy