Mi Max 3 issue - Ghost touch

Goblex

Members
Aug 23, 2018
Hi guys,

I recently bought Xiaomi Mi Max 3 device.
I love this phone its great, but im having one annoying issue with it.
It is the ghost touch or touch out of nowhere.

I also saw many other people reporting the same issue...

Here is the quote from one user on gsmarena:
On actual problems, some people report screen occasionally registrating touch out of nowhere, without user doing anything.

This is youtube video link with the same problem:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So let me explain to you what is happening...
When im in youtube app and i am not in the full screen mode that ghost touch thing is opening another video or sometimes even subscribe to the channel randomly.
Its not happening all the time but it is damn annoying, also its not only youtube related.

Is this software issue or is it the phone issue?
How can i fix this?

So far no ghost touch on my mi max 3 which rom is installed?

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

Max3.png
OS ------------ MIUI, Unlocked Bootloader, Official Global ROM, China Version, Support OTA Update

I know there is no Offical GLOBAL ROM yet.. they only add languages.

Last edited:
Vendors have been installing fake "global ROMs" on the Mi Max 3 to entice international customers. Xiaomi Hong Kong is set to release a global ROM Friday, but if you already have a phone with a "global ROM" then that may be the sources of your touch issues. Try installing the China stable and choose the English language or flash the eu.xiaomi ROM available here. It is the latest official China MIUI 10 development ROM tuned up and all Chinese functions changed to European languages. I hate to mention this, but some reputable retailers, like TradingShenzhen, also sent back batches of Mi Max 3 phones to Xiaomi because of a "production line defect" whatever that was. Maybe some of the first phones off the production line had defects. Some resellers caught that and sent them back to the factory, others may simply have sold them.

Reactions: maebhin67
I had Ghost Touch problem on my Xiaomi mi9 in Call of Duty Mobile and PubG.

This is the only solution which fixed my problem:

xiaomi.eu/community/threads/xiaomi-mi-9-ghost-touch-issue.51043/#post-503263

1. Open settings
2. Activate developer options (My device > Tap 8 times on "MIUI-Version")
3. Settings > Additional Settings
4. Developer options
5. Disable MIUI-Optimizations (at the very bottom).
6. Reboot