New mi max 3 miui10 bugs(8.8.23)

jomolocco

Members
Aug 26, 2018
Recently I installed latest miui 10 beta(xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMAX3_8.8.23_v10-8.1) eu for my xiaomi mi max 3 with twrp non root. Now My sound and vibration section isn't opening in setting with white page sound and vibration isn't working. also don't work camera with black screen and fingerprint sensor option isn't avaible

I tried factory fomat it doesn't work
I tried install this rom again with twrp but it doen't work
I entered test system vibration is okay but sound is not coming
I also tried diffirent camera app but it doens't work it is stuck.
Sound and vibration makes setting stucks and must be closed by force close
Edit: I can't call someone I can send messages and connect to internet smootly

I know this device has rollback protect and I can't downrage to miui 9 stable rom again.
Can you help me seriously.

Last edited:
generate miui bugreport file and post it here..

call *#*#BUG#*#*

Recently I installed latest miui 10 beta(xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMAX3_8.8.23_v10-8.1) eu for my xiaomi mi max 3 with twrp non root. Now My sound and vibration section isn't opening in setting with white page sound and vibration isn't working. also don't work camera with black screen and fingerprint sensor option isn't avaible

I tried factory fomat it doesn't work
I tried install this rom again with twrp but it doen't work
I entered test system vibration is okay but sound is not coming
I also tried diffirent camera app but it doens't work it is stuck.
Sound and vibration makes setting stucks and must be closed by force close
Edit: I can't call someone I can send messages and connect to internet smootly

I know this device has rollback protect and I can't downrage to miui 9 stable rom again.
Can you help me seriously.

Which download site did you use, and what was your installation process?

Mine is working with non of the issues that you said.
I used http://miui.dedyk.gq/8.8.23
My installation process was:
1. Wipe Every partition in twrp: system, vendor, cache, dalvik, internal, data, microsd, etc.
2. format userdata partition in fastboot: fastboot format userdata
3. Flash China Beta 8.8.9 via fastboot
4. Flash TWRP
5. format userdata partition in fastboot: fastboot format userdata
6. Boot to TWRP and wipe: internal, data, microsd, cache, dalvik
6.25 Change data partition to F2FS "Advanced Wipe" -> tick "Data" and hit "Repair or change file system" -> select "f2fs"
6.75 Reboot to twrp
7. format userdata in twrp
8. reboot to TWRP
9. Mount all partitions
10. Flash 8.8.23 xiaomi.eu
11. wipe: internal, data, microsd, cache, dalvik
11.25 Change data partition to F2FS "Advanced Wipe" -> tick "Data" and hit "Repair or change file system" -> select "f2fs"
11.75 Reboot to twrp
12. format userdata in twrp
13. Reboot and have a fully working ROM

Last edited:
Reactions: hiroando
Which download site did you use, and what was your installation process?

Mine is working with non of the issues that you said.
I used http://miui.dedyk.gq/8.8.23
My installation process was:
1. Wipe Every partition in twrp: system, vendor, cache, dalvik, internal, data, microsd, etc.
2. format userdata partition in fastboot: fastboot format userdata
3. Flash China Beta 8.8.9 via fastboot
4. Flash TWRP
5. format userdata partition in fastboot: fastboot format userdata
6. Boot to TWRP and wipe: internal, data, microsd, cache, dalvik
7. format userdata in twrp
8. reboot to TWRP
9. Mount all partitions
10. Flash 8.8.23 xiaomi.eu
11. wipe: internal, data, microsd, cache, dalvik
12. format userdata in twrp
13. Reboot and have a fully working ROM

I had china miui 9 then
Install latest twrp then format data say yes then install this web site latest mi max 3 eu rom.

Last edited:
it says /data is buys what is that mean?
reboot to twrp again, try again

Please follow my guide and dont try something else.
If you came from China Beta 8.8.23 then unfortuantly dont try to downgarde to 8.8.9 or you will brick your device
even flashing 8.8.23 is a danger. you should wait for the next update and flash it fastboot and then the next xiaomi.eu update
you better wait a week than losing your phone forever...

reboot to twrp again, try again

Please follow my guide and dont try something else.
If you came from China Beta 8.8.23 then unfortuantly dont try to downgarde to 8.8.9 or you will brick your device
even flashing 8.8.23 is a danger. you should wait for the next update and flash it fastboot and then the next xiaomi.eu update
you better wait a week than losing your phone forever...
Can I install chineese orjinal rom with xiaomi mi flash?
of course latest version 8.8.23

Can I install chineese orjinal rom with xiaomi mi flash?
of course latest version
Xiaomi Mi Max 3 has ARB enabled on anything above 8.8.17 (8.8.23)
if you came from 8.8.23 to your installation then as I said wait for next update and flash it with mi flasher in fastboot
Dont mess with ARB

If you came from 8.8.9 you are safe and you should follow my guide and not install 8.8.23 from mi flash

I made a little change to the instructions please pay attentention to the fact that you need to change your data partition in twrp to F2FS before formating userdata in twrp

I made your steps(just don't flash chineese rom) but no one change. xiaomi can not active sim activation and all bugs are still same

I made your steps(just don't flash chineese rom) but no one change. xiaomi can not active sim activation and all bugs are still same

please check if you have IMEI information
dial *#06#
if you see 2 full lines with numbers then good
if you dont then you lost cellular ability some how and you need to add your IMEI back. check the internet for guides

Im actually very confused by the fact that its not working for you...
it works perfectly on my phone

I can see my imei and also i can connect with lte on internet or send a message just can't call and other bugs..

I will try another sim card. But I had no problem with miui 9
just to confirm some of the things that you said that arent working actually do work.

Attachments

• 82vWeUb.png
    82vWeUb.png
    144.3 KB · Views: 570
  • oVoEDqI.png
    oVoEDqI.png
    373.7 KB · Views: 558
camera, telephone call, sounds and vibration(sound is not working at full system youtube etc.) automatic brightness. this bugs are what I noticed
lock screen when i unlock the phone says don't cover the earphone area also

camera, telephone call, sounds and vibration(sound is not working at full system youtube etc.) automatic brightness. this bugs are what I noticed
lock screen when i unlock the phone says don't cover the earphone area also

I have non of the stated issues.
for the dont cover earphone area, disable pocket mode in lock screen -> additional settings

Unfortunaetly thats all I could do :( I did my best to help you but it didnt work. Continue this with the Staff of xiaomi.eu
Have a great day!

I
generate miui bugreport file and post it here..

call *#*#BUG#*#*

this my log file.
I have tons of bug. what is this rom.app crashing interface stoping. lags stucks on programs. Eu roms admin please help me. what can i do. I can't doing anything on my phone @ingbrzy

C:\adb>fastboot getvar anti
getvar:anti FAILED (remote: GetVar Variable Not found)
Finished. Total time: 0.001s
have i arb system?

Last edited:
Before I installed this I had 9.6.11 I remembered Not 9.6.12. When I searched the website arb is coming with 9.16.12. Can I Downrage? 9.6.11 Again With twrp or xiaomi mi flasher?

Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie on this forum. I hope I post on the right place.

Actually, I have the same issues than jomoloco about sound : no sound for video, music, clock alarm,... and I can't even make calls. The phone comes from a chinese stable rom (v9.6.8). I 've tried step by step the omer919's method but always the same issues. Someone have an idea about this problem? Or maybe just wait the next update?

Thanks for help.