Mi Max Pro(helium) Quick Charge Capability

Discussion in 'Xiaomi MiMax / Pro' started by Ramy Zahran, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Ramy Zahran

Ramy Zahran Members

Hi

I know that mi Max is capable of quick charge 3.0 as per the PDF from Qualcomm,but i bought a qc3 certified charger for my mimax Helium 128gb,with a decent cable as well,but I was disappointed to find out it charges the same as the original Xiaomi charger,tried different number of chargers/cables combos but still no luck..

I'm running the latest Xiaomi.eu weekly,i just want to know if there is a setting or toggle that controls the QC3.0 or what exactly am I missing.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

2. Byggeren

Byggeren Members

My only suggestion is to try with another cable. Even with QC3.0 this battery takes a while to charge, but it is clearly faster with QC3.0 chargers on my phone compared to the original charger.

Ramy Zahran likes this.
  3. shaglord

shaglord Members

qc3 allows for up to 12v but I can confirm that my max never goes over 8v and 1.7a.

The difference is then small to the original, but it is there. Charging time is 2-3h instead of 3-4h.

/s

Ramy Zahran likes this.
  4. OrionBG1

OrionBG1 Members

My Mi Max 128GB is charging for about 2:57 - 3:00 with the original charger (from about 12%) and with an Aukey QC 3.0 charger it is the same time... The only difference is that it charges faster in the beggining but slows down later... or maybe I'm imagining it. Tested with both MIUI original ROMs and xiaomi.eu ROMs

Ramy Zahran likes this.
  5. Ramy Zahran

Ramy Zahran Members

Update: after flashing the latest weekly I got it working like a charm
    The charger is blitzwolf qc3 and a remax 2.4Amp cable.

Charges within 2 hrs while device is on [​IMG]

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

6. eddymaguro

eddymaguro Members

I charge my Mi Max 64gb using Samsung QC 2.0 is charging way faster than the charger came from the Mi Max box. I'm planning to buy Aukey charger

7. TEO ZEE VON

TEO ZEE VON Members

CYMERA_20161202_174624.jpg CYMERA_20161202_174717.jpg
    I'm a electronics engineer and I've custom made a volt + ammeter to test the quick charge because Miui does not show Quick Charge info when plug into a Qualcom Certified QC Charger like other phones.
    I've confirm that Mi MAX come with QC3.0 but it charge faster with QC2.0.
    If you want to test your QC charger is working or not, you need to wait until your phone is fully charge. Pull down the notification bar and there is a charging notification telling you how much time it took to fully charge.
    Standard charger come with Mi Max took 2hrs 50min - 3hrs and QC2.0 charger took only 1hr 20mins.
    In the photo show that I'm using Aukey Quick Charge 2.0 Charger. Second photo show that my Mi Max charge at 8.8V 1.44A from my custom made device.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016

Share Our Site