Mi mix 3 and donate mi mix 2s

Twoods196

Members
Mar 9, 2019
Hello all, new here but not new to xiaomi devices. I currently have a mi mix 3 and love it. Previously I had a mi mix 2s. My 2s I dropped and shattered the screen so about 3+ month ago I ordered a replacement and replaced it and was good as new. Well I have 2 toddlers and it only took a month before they got ahold of it and tossed it in there air to be shattered. Last time I replaced the screen it cost around 90 bucks for the screen and then my time to install it. Didn't feel like doing it again so I got the mix 3 as I liked how the new camera works and not having to flip phone over etc.

On to my questions, what is the major benefit for you for using the custom ROMs? Trying to decide if I want to root and install magisck mainly for the use of Google's camera apk. I installed it on my 2s but without the magisk camera mod it was missing functionality. Is there a *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* apk that works without having to root ?

Lastly, the entire xiaomi community from here to other forums have helped me a ton. I was thinking about donating the 2s to a developer needing one to Port something wanted on the mi mix 2s/3 but needs a device for testing you get the point.

So does anyone know any projects that people are wanting ported to mix 2s/3 but needs a phone for testing? Also I am a developer myself and would like to work on some projects that people need help with. I currently build a training simulator (basically a game) for training in cyber security. We mainly work for the department of defense but will soon be offering public subscriptions. (for anyone curious it's called Project Ares)

And finally recommendations on mods, firmware etc for the mix 3? Also finding a decent case for this thing is hard to come by. I've got a couple but none that are really that great. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Hello all, new here but not new to xiaomi devices. I currently have a mi mix 3 and love it. Previously I had a mi mix 2s. My 2s I dropped and shattered the screen so about 3+ month ago I ordered a replacement and replaced it and was good as new. Well I have 2 toddlers and it only took a month before they got ahold of it and tossed it in there air to be shattered. Last time I replaced the screen it cost around 90 bucks for the screen and then my time to install it. Didn't feel like doing it again so I got the mix 3 as I liked how the new camera works and not having to flip phone over etc.

On to my questions, what is the major benefit for you for using the custom ROMs? Trying to decide if I want to root and install magisck mainly for the use of Google's camera apk. I installed it on my 2s but without the magisk camera mod it was missing functionality. Is there a *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* apk that works without having to root ?

Lastly, the entire xiaomi community from here to other forums have helped me a ton. I was thinking about donating the 2s to a developer needing one to Port something wanted on the mi mix 2s/3 but needs a device for testing you get the point.

So does anyone know any projects that people are wanting ported to mix 2s/3 but needs a phone for testing? Also I am a developer myself and would like to work on some projects that people need help with. I currently build a training simulator (basically a game) for training in cyber security. We mainly work for the department of defense but will soon be offering public subscriptions. (for anyone curious it's called Project Ares)

And finally recommendations on mods, firmware etc for the mix 3? Also finding a decent case for this thing is hard to come by. I've got a couple but none that are really that great. Any suggestions? Thanks!
We're always looking for donor phones for ROM development purposes.
Personally I got just 2 Oreo devices (MI5 and MI6) but I'm mostly blind when it comes to Android 7.1 and 9.0, as testers aren't always available when I'm implementing something fresh.