Mi Mover doesn't move contacts, call and message history (everything else moved) on Mi 9 Lite Global

mcemce

Members
Oct 17, 2019
Hello,

I am trying to migrate my data from Mi Max 32 GB, MIUI 8 Global 6.10.13 Beta to Mi 9 Lite 128 GB, MIUI 10.3.4.0 Global Stable. It moved all my data like photos, docs, even the games of my child which I didn't want to move, but it doesn't move my contacts, calls and message history, although I've selected them for moving. Tried second time to move only the contacts and history - the same. Is there any option to turn on/off in the Mi Mover to achieve that, or it is simply a bug, and what options do I have to move the contacts, and call/message history? The Mi Mover app on both phones should be the one coming with that exact build, so I am wondering about updating it on the Mi Max, but don't know how to do it.

Just wondering whether the problem is with the Mi Mover not having permissions to my contacts and histories on the receiving side, because the sending side says it has sent successfully the data. I don't see Mi Mover as a separate application though and don't know how to give it the permissions, if missing.

OK, Mi Mover should be the Mi Drop app. Gave it permissions to access contacts on both phones, and tried to transfer the contacts only - the sending phone counts to as much contacts I have and in the end says it has sent them successfully. The receiving phone says it has received the contacts successfully, but when I go to see them I don't see any of my contacts. Restarting of the phone doesn't help.

Why don't you just store contacts in your Google account?

I use Google for contacts, and SMS BACKUP & RESTORE app for SMS and call register. Way more effective and issue free.