Mi Mover...mi A1...

Nov 22, 2015
Has anyone used Mi Mover to transfer data apps etc. from one Xiaomi device to MiA1 ? I have a Mi4c and I will be getting a new MiA1 in a few weeks...I have used Mi Mover between two Xiaomi devices running MIUI but never from MIUI to Android One.....I did attempt it once from Xiaomi device to LG G3 it was a disaster...any input would be helpful...Thanks ....

Nov 16, 2016
Yes I have recently moved some apps from my MI4c to my new) A1. Works without a problem. Only thing is to find out how it works and the annoying habbit of current phone developers make file managers "user-friendly", meaning they dismiss the good old directory trees which is for unix - and android is unix - user a disaster and very difficult to guess where the apps are stored (they are in sdcard/MIUI/MiDrop).
I just detected an excellent file manager "asus file manager" in toh google app store. They are transferred as .apk files and you can them install automatically from the file manager.
Some programs doesn't work. I had on my MI4c "Notes" but after transfer it din't work any more apparently it is MI4c only (?).

Nov 22, 2015
Yes I have recently moved some apps from my MI4c to my new) A1. Works without a problem. Only thing is to find out how it works and the annoying habbit of current phone developers make file managers "user-friendly", meaning they dismiss the good old directory trees which is for unix - and android is unix - user a disaster and very difficult to guess where the apps are stored (they are in sdcard/MIUI/MiDrop).
I just detected an excellent file manager "asus file manager" in toh google app store. They are transferred as .apk files and you can them install automatically from the file manager.
Some programs doesn't work. I had on my MI4c "Notes" but after transfer it din't work any more apparently it is MI4c only (?).
I installed m Mi Mover on my Mi A1 and it crashes repeatedly...so I moved everything manually...:eek:

Nov 16, 2016
I have also used "CLONit" and that works as well. Do you have the latest (OREO) update? (and also the Mi4c updated?
I can not redo it as I have the Mi4c (which had a Chinese ROM) updated to the EU ROM and all old stuff is gone.